Development Update Mar 2022
The BCMN teams wish everyone is keeping well, healthy and safe in this season.
In March, there will be a number of events taking place at BCMN (Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network).
Utility NEER TGE Date & 2022 Roadmap
The official token generation event for NEER will be at 8:00 PM UTC on 6th March 2022. Around that time, there will be another detailed announcement about the process for claiming NEER rewards (including the process to claim if you contributed to the Crowdloan with a Ledger device).
Along with this event, BCMN will announce the rollout roadmap and timelines such as the metaverse protocol portal on Metaverse.Network that allows staking and mining, as well as features & timeline of Bit.Country, Kaosland, and its feature release sequence.
The community would have an overall understanding of the product development & roadmap for the years 2022 and early 2023. Further details and more are to be announced around 6th March 2022.
Metaverse News (Video)
Our production team has put together the first ▶️ ️episode of the metaverse news.
- 0:00 Intro — Gardi
- 1:28 Kaosland Zoning— *Vega (Virtual)
- 3:28 Kaosland Progress — Shannon
- 16:58 Pioneer blockchain and timeline — Justin
- 26:43 Community activities — Chris
- 30:35 Plan — Ray
In this news, you will see where the team is heading to, 🎀Vega!, and Kaosland plan & zoning, and meet the leaders on the team.
The Team is Growing (Rapidly)
The team has grown quite fast in the last month, we have brought back a number of former participants from our education operation Industry Connect (Thunder Platform).
Those are roles around finance, project manager, art director, developers, support and business development. We’ve onboarded those that particularly match our culture with a great level of execution power and share the common vision of the metaverse.
Here are the recent development updates from various teams (Not included in the metaverse news video above) 🚴🏻🚴🏻🚴🏻
Metaverse.Network Team (By Justin)
- ❗❗ Runtime upgrade: successfully upgrade Pioneer Network to the latest polkadot 0.9.16. All collator nodes have been upgraded and rolled out.
This is critical to make sure the blockchain continue to produce blocks and we’ve implemented this in a timely matter as a result the pioneer network didn’t halt.
- Metaverse Network Portal: Led the development team to design and implement the user-friendly Metaverse.Network Portal. This Metaverse.Network portal is the protocol controller that helps traditional users interact with the blockchain network with ease. Users can un-vest token, do token transfer, NFT wallet ,staking and participate in multiple metaverse machine economies.
- Machine Economy: designed and implemented different economic activities in the economy protocol that allows users to participate in blockchain-native economic activities e.g staking, mining on Metaverse.Network portal.
- Smart contract: Metaverse.Network blockchain now is fully integrated with Ethereum compatible layer, user can interact with Metaverse.Network blockchain through Metamask, deploy EVM smart contracts using existing tools e.g Remix, Hardhat, Truffle.
- Oracle MOM: implemented the first data fetching and feeding process. Oracle members can feed data and other pallets can interact with the data for verification and usage.
- Wallet: Ethereum and Substrate wallet address mapping feature has been implemented at the protocol level which allows Substrate wallet address can map with Ethereum wallet address.
Bit.Country Metaverse Team (By Shannon)
- Tooling — environmental customization, updated UI for uploading custom skyboxes, along with ground color.
- UI & UX — ability to edit/delete assets more simply from the menu. Improvements when uploading 3D assets.
- Performance (GPU) — massive gains in rendering performance for handling large scenes (e.g. Kaosland CBD).
- Performance (CPU & IO) & improvements — general performance improvements to multiple systems in the web client, reducing occasional stutter and reducing network/IO load. Underlying infrastructure changes to the UI system to improve future work.
- Kaosland CBD — land development and infrastructure layout, roads, and services under way. Continued concepting of key landmarks of Kaosland.
- Avatar authoring standards — v1 standard for creating base assets that can be used for authoring new avatars, along with specifications and documentation. Allowing 3D character artists to create their own avatars for use in Bit.Country. (TO BE ANNOUNCED)
- UI & UX — bulk voxel building, able to build and destroy multiple voxels in a single action.
- UI & UX — asset placement enhancements, new UI to enable optional features when placing assets, grid-snapping, and an advanced placement mode for precise location, rotation and scale values.
- Tooling — improved text tool, now places 3D text.
- Inputs — new hotkeys for changing between first-person and third-person views.
- Continuing the R&D for the desktop parallel edition. Loading voxels built on the web edition.
Bit.Country Tech Lead Team (By Daniel)
- UX/UI Improvement on Avatar Customizer, improve the existing menu for users to adjust different levels of customization.
- Categorized cosmetic/ inventory using data-driven design.
- Standardized the 3D model, allowing 3D artists to create models (Inventories and cosmetics) for Avatar by following a standard.
- Perform testing on 3D models that were created following the standard, including animation.
- Created a system allowing users to customize different cosmetics in the future.
- Created a system that will automatically adjust the viewing position of the camera regardless of the size of the object.
BCMN Community, Design & Operation Team
- Onboarding new support & community members.
- Planning and drafting of the BCMN Ambassador Program, to make it as even and transparent as possible for every Ambassador and Candidate.
- Multiple AMAs attended across different channels.
- Feedback was gathered from Metaverse Evangelists.
- Onboarding new team members in project management, 3D artists.
- Meeting partners for early metaverse launchers.
Past Development Updates
- Feb 2022 dev update
- Jan 2022 dev update
- Dec 2021 dev update
- Oct/Nov 2021 dev update
- Sept 2021 dev update
- Aug 2021 dev update
- Jul 2021 dev update
- Jun 2021 dev update
Further details and more are to be announced around 6th March 2022.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetualized on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is building a future for metaverse owners to have the ability to grow exponentially while letting the members take ownership and earn through a variety of opportunities, benefiting directly from the development of the metaverses they are in.
- Successfully launched Metaverse Odyssey Event.
- We won the 14th Slot on Kusama with record-breaking total contributors. (100M TVL)
- Our core founding team launched three other successful global startups in tech, education, and real estate since 2013.
- Accepted participant of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator (2021),
- Accepted participant of Bootcamp (2021) at Creative Destructive Lab of Toronto University
- Multiple Web3 Foundation Grant Winner.
- A member of the Substrate Builders Program.
- Bit.Country completed the seed round capital raise of 4M USD from reputable venture capitals. Read more…
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？
🔔For partnership, contact us