Development Update May 2022
The BCMN team has been working to ensure a successful launch of the alpha testnet. Evangelists were invited as the first public to test our platform on the 21st of April. We will make the testnet accessible to a wider audience along with the rapid testnet development.
The initial engagement has been phenomenal. Simplicity and functionality of user control are commonly mentioned in the positive feedback. Customization of avatars with wearables and building structures in the Sandpit has been the most talked-about feature.
The creative power of our community and the hard work of our team are combined to build a strong platform. The sole focus of our team at the moment is the development of new release features and delivering a stable testnet to the public.
Metaverse News Update (Episode 3)
1:60 New UI, Sandpit, Bunker and Latest Features available in our Alpha Testnet — Shannon Christie, Co-Founder & Metaverse CTO
6:49 Avatar Customizer Web Flow — Daniel Choi, Co-Founder & Senior Developer
9:52 Alpha Testnet Roll-Out, Global Marketplace, Metaverse Native Features & Metaverse.Network Developer Portal — Justin Pham, Co-Founder & CTO Blockchain
13:30 Optimizing existing building interior and exterior structures within Kaosland — Matthew Moore, 3D Artist
15:13 Custom Wearables — Michael Vaughan, 3 D Artist
16:00 Design theme & look with Voxel texture enhancement and NUUM & BIT token design — Ryan Bocking, 3D Artist
17:25 Metaverse Media Tools — Evan Lai, Game Developer
18:40 Latest Vault Features& Quick Start Guide — Vuk Stanojevic, Game Developer
21:06 Community & Evangelist Update — Chris Carmona, Head of Community & Support
23:02 Alpha Testnet — Chris Carmona, Head of Community & Support
27:10 Ambassador Programme — Chris Carmona, Head of Community & Support
30:54 BC & MN 2022 Avatar Wearable Collection Design Contest — Chris Carmona, Head of Community & Support
33:45 Winner Announcement — Chris Carmona, Head of Community & Support
Here are the recent development updates from various teams (Not included in the video above)
The Winner of the Design Contest
Kickstarted the Avatar Wearable Contest, and the community chose their favorite wearables via emojis.
The winning designs are ready to be used in the Metaverse.
If you submitted a design and you were an active discord user, check this file to see if you won one of the 100 limited edition wearable NFTs.
If your name appears there, please DM @Ressie on discord and provide the Polkadot Wallet address you want your wearables to be sent to once the minting and transfer of NFTs are enabled on Bit.Country Pioneer.
Congratulations to the winners!!
Metaverse.Network Team (By Justin)
- Finalize BIT production rate, on-chain upgrade and apply all new BIT inflation and production logic.
- Build BIT Spot and on-chain asset gateway that supports instant BIT spending and NFT crafting inside metaverse.
- Implemented BIT spot transaction history and transaction queue of asset gateway.
- Lead the team to release Public Alpha Testnet on Bit.Country Application, all stable features have been rolled out for an exclusive group of users. New Alpha Testnet blockchain, RPC node and faucet have been set up.
- Enable EVM smart contract on Alpha Testnet, support EVM and Substrate wallet mapping as well as smart contract deployment on Metaverse.Network Developer Portal.
- Setting up infrastructure monitoring to ensure the entire system is well monitored.
- Support multi-dimension assets and thumbnail upload which is optimised for handling large volumes of NFT listing.
- Support multi-type NFT assets which allows NFT creation in different media formats.
- Streamline creating metaverse in a single click.
- Roll out Royalty Fee system for NFT Creators.
- Design and implement Multiple Metaverse Marketplace listing transaction system.
- Preparing for another runtime upgrade on Pioneer to upgrade runtime to Polkadot 0.9.18.
Bit.Country Metaverse Team (By Shannon)
- Bunker — a new personal space for users to build with blocks, assets and NFTs. Limited in dimensions and customizability compared to the metaverse but a great starting point for designing your own place for others to see.
- Sandpit — the testing ground where you can try out blocks and assets without having to burn your BIT. Also, a great place to test out your own 3d creations to ensure that they are modeled correctly.
- Tooling updates — improvements to notifications and notices when modifying, editing or placing items in the world.
- UI/UX updates — new UI for cleaner aesthetics, and easier flow when building in the world.
- Graphics updates — new post processes and effects to improve overall visual quality.
- Updated infrastructure for block and asset building, improving robustness and security.
- General bug fixes and improvements — improved edge case handling related to mesh previews, placement, tool swapping during editing and more.
Bit.Country Tech Lead Team (By Daniel)
- Marketplace showroom
- Improved performance by merging meshes and reducing draw calls.
- Added NFT permission check for entering the showroom.
- Added a collision system to the showroom.
- Added support for showing details of the NFT items and improving the usability.
- Avatar System
- Improved UI responsiveness and UI upgrade.
- Added thumbnail for Avatars and wearable.
- Integrated with NFT wearable and NFT avatar system.
- Enhanced avatar loading performance, and reused available resources of the scenes.
- Multiplayer Server — Setup a base image for deploying the multiple-player server.
- Multiple Player Server — Enabled the multi-player on the bunker.
- Game Engine — Architect and design the current game engine to allow us to create another instance of the game engine easily.
Community & Operation
- Creation of Inside the Metaverse.Network Blog.
- Overall improvement on Discord. Strengthened security and added a ranking function to measure activity so we can run contests and do giveaways to the most active members.
- Kickstarted the Avatar Wearable Contest, and the community chose their favorite wearables via emojis. The winning designs are ready to be used in the Metaverse. Congratulations to the winners!!
Creative & 3D team
- Design a 3D visualization of the new $NEER box and BIT box,
- Conceptualize and create a 3D visualization of the market place and vault room as well as the display assets. and personal asset value of the player
- Redesign the web application UI for testnet to match the brand identity
- Design the main theme concept of the image to use to communicate our avatar in the metaverse to the public
- Improve 3d landmark building in the city of kaosland in all final steps and buildings in adjacent support groups
- A modular system came up for use in the assembly and designing the basic building of kaosland city. The system has been completed and started to be used in the first zone of the city. and expand to the rest in order
- Create canary bird character avatar in 3ds format to use as the icon of kaosland city.
Past Development Updates
- Apr 2022 dev update
- Mar 2022 dev update
- Feb 2022 dev update
- Jan 2022 dev update
- Dec 2021 dev update
- Oct/Nov 2021 dev update
- Sept 2021 dev update
- Aug 2021 dev update
- Jul 2021 dev update
- Jun 2021 dev update
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetualized on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？