Development Update October 2022
The evolution of Bit.County & Metaverse.Network is underway!
Recently, we joined leading crypto voices at the Token2049 event. Our team was invited by Polkadot to host a booth at this global crypto event. Our Founders networked and showcased Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network to other crypto project founders, executives of leading Web3 companies, investors, developers, the media and industry enthusiasts.
September has been a month to remember. Proudly, on the 12th of September our team made the Pioneer Bit.Country application live to the public. Pioneer users are now able to easily use our tools to build their own metaverse project in 12 seconds. Pioneer Bit.Country’s focus is on user experience. Upon going live, early adopters staked over 1 million $NEER within the first 24 hours to start earning $BIT rewards. Organic growth has been impressive, Pioneer Bit.Country has ~1,100 daily active users and over 4 million $NEER staked in the network to date.
Early supporters of Pioneer Bit.Country will be amongst the Web3.0 trendsetters who will help to ignite the great migration away from centralized and advertised controlled Web2.0 content. Metaverse brands will revolutionize connectivity with their communities. Metaverse builders will soon be able to build immersive 3D worlds that will act as time capsules to showcase their legacy.
With only 10% of Pioneer Bit.Country features released, our team is excited for our users to get familiar with our application and unlock the full potential of metaverse utility.
In October, Raw Land Block auction sales will commence with our Xenoform Event. Follow our Twitter @BitDotCountry to make sure you don’t miss the announcement.
On the 29th of September Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network were invited by Polkadot to host a booth at the premier crypto event known as a Token2049. To celebrate the event our team built a Token2049 theme pavilion to showcase to event goers to future opportunities of metaverse utility for brands and projects in our industry.
Token2049 has over 7000 attendees, more than 200 speakers, 200 journalists and more than 250 exhibitors. It was a great opportunity for our project to be on the global crypto stage. In the future, Bit.Country will have the capability to host events like Token2049 in the metaverse. Events will be able to run event campaigns where attendees can be airdropped NFTs, wearables, or tokens to interacting with event exhibits or watching speakers.
Explore metaverse here.
SubWallet is a user-friendly non-custodial wallet for Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem that connects to projects built on the Substrate framework. Users will be able to easily transfer, send, receive and monitor their $NEER, $BIT and NFTs with SubWallet. Read more about the partnership announcement here.
Metaverse.Network Team (By Mike)
- New Bit.Country Homepage. Take a look here.
- New design for Create Metaverse Page.
- Improve explanation for Balances, Staking and Listing based on User feedback.
- Improvements in the Pulse Page (restriction removed and dynamic bit cost configuration for post creation and update).
- Multi-currency support for auctions and buy now marketplace listings.
- MVP for Marketing Campaign Module.
- Initial blockchain implementation of marketing reward pools.
Bit.Country Metaverse Team (By Shannon)
- Upgraded physics system — substantial improvement related to ramps and stairs movement collisions. Improved collision detection.
- Fix to intermittent voxel collision bug — mitigate majority of collision issues.
- Sound system, ambient sounds and new UI for setting ambient sounds for a metaverse.
- Interactables system redesign and improvements, enabling the hyperlink tool and further richer metadata that can be placed into the world later in the roadmap.
- Improved multiplayer smoothness for remote players
- UI redesign — updated design and flow on majority of UI
- Improvements to rich media tool, updated to utilize latest asset system
- BIT cost tweaks to improve consistency across edge case NFTs/props
- General UI and UX improvements, bug fixes. Mitigate intermittent issue with Bunker vault failure to load. Improve lighting edge case in Bunker.
Bit.Country Tech Team (By Daniel)
- Created a GeoSend function to allow users to select a list of wallet addresses that are on the Pioneer map or on their metaverse map.
- Created a new UI to show the area on the GeoSend area on the map.
- Create a mini-bar to collapse the estate locator menu.
- Working on the Avatar Dance System, created the basic system to load the avatar dance animation on the avatar customizer UI, allowing the user to pick the animation from the new category.
- Improved the loading performance on loading animation by removing the mesh.
- Modified the Object Crafting page to allow craft animation.
- Created a UI to allow users to pick the animation in the metaverse.
- Redesign UI on avatar customizer, enlarging the 3D viewer and brightening the scene to show better quality of the avatar.
Community & Operation
- Ray, Justin & Chris host the Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network booth at the Polkadot Token 2049 event in Singapore on 29th of September.
- English Telegram Gate.io AMA with Tom Rodriguez on 21st September (Chris)
- Vietnamese Telegram Gate.io AMA on the September (Justin)
- Bit.Country Discovery Episodes
-> Episode 13 — Quality Assurance Testers behind the scenes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu5HvZsxMTk&ab_channel=Bit.Country%26Metaverse.Network
-> Episode 14 — Minecrafter Builds on Bit.Country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYFQIWIZ-0&ab_channel=Bit.Country%26Metaverse.Network
- AMA with Spanish community on the 8th September.
- Announcement of #100Metaverse projects competition winners. Please see here for more details.
- Japanese Community AMA hosted by Evangelist Castle with Ressie as a Bit.Country moderator.
- Presentation at the National Autonomous University of Mexico — Title: Individual and collective autonomy through the web3: the decentralization of the Internet in the metaverse.
Creative & 3D Team
- Animated dance moves for avatar — Soccer kick, rock dance.
- Design and build a metaverse arena for SubWallet.
- Design improvements to Genesis Metaverse.
- Metaverse arena and custom skybox for Polkadot Token2049 Singapore event.
- New skybox designs.
- New video for home landing page.
- New crypto statues for the metaverse.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetuated on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？