Development Update September 2022
August saw the Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network team achieved massive milestones. We’ve observed great utilities of brands adopting the metaverse for the expansion of their web3.0 brand and marketing campaigns.
KuCoin and Gate.io cryptocurrency exchanges collaborate with us independently to build their own metaverse. Each metaverse will act as an online community hub for 20M and 12M users, respectively.
Bit.Country has provided the tools for each exchange to grow and build a 3D immersive world for their communities in the metaverse. Building a brand-focused metaverse will allow companies and individuals to create interactive and fun campaigns for their communities. Metaverse brand growth is paramount for future-proofing digital business expansion. Creators will be able to run campaigns in their metaverse with the use of NFT and wearables to grow engagement and increase community connectivity.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network also welcomed Justin Pham as CEO. Ray Lu will continue to be Chairperson for our company vision and pursue company expansion and partnerships.
The New Era of Bit.Country Trailer
Read about our KuCoin partnership here.
Visit KuCoin Metaverse here.
Metaverse.Network Team (By Mike)
- Pioneer released 0.0.9 runtime preparation.
- Created and implemented maintenance mode pallets that can be used in emergency situations.
- Implemented asset manager pallet that allows users to register/update assets from other ecosystems.
- Finalizing EVM precompile for multi currencies that can interact with native assets on Metaverse.Network.
- Pioneer Network fee treasury and network fee setup.
- Balance transfer enabled.
- More NSFW filters are applied in different contexts of the Bit.Country platform.
- Finished the initial blockchain implementation for NFT offers and land renting
- Added report asset and share on social media feature for NFTs and marketplace listings
- Made the application mobile responsive.
- Added an NFT Type filter to the NFT search marketplace.
- Pulse news feed improvements.
Bit.Country Metaverse Team (By Shannon)
- Metaverse info display added to give insights into metaverse performance rating — see details about polycount, meshes, and more to get an idea of what might be contributing to poor performance. A useful tool for metaverse owners, builders, or users curious about performance.
- Access restriction toggle for metaverse 3D world — available in the metaverse settings menu, you can prevent users other than yourself from entering the 3d world, can be used while you are still developing your land.
- Quota system — metaverse owners can now specify quotas for assets, polycount, and file size in their metaverses. Help to ensure people building in your land don’t tank your metaverse’s performance with poorly optimized assets.
- Removed the ability to scale placed assets in the asset selector. You’ll want to get the scale correct when placing the first time, this is to improve consistency with BIT costs.
- Updated BIT cost to display and calculation on UI.
- Pioneer environment infrastructure, resiliency, and more are set up for release.
- Performance improvements when assets move into and out of view distance.
- View distance slider affects voxel and asset distances together.
- Updated and consolidated tooling for editing and removing assets, text, and more. The asset selector can now work with more assets.
- Resolved text incorrectly displaying in some areas.
- Fixed text orientation issue with a typewriter.
- Resolved bugs related to bunker load times, and the vault failing to load in some cases.
- New supported voxels, you can now create voxels with different textures on the top, bottom, and sides. Transparency can be added to voxels to create glass or similar materials. Transparency from the texture’s alpha channel was added with new use alpha from texture toggle. Fluid option to make a voxel that is transparent and able to be walked through.
- Updated internals to ease adding new functionality and tooling.
- Disabled boundary movement — you can now pass from land to the void without having to face the boundary directly or requiring more speed.
- General improvements — UX, UI, and bug fixes. Rotation discrepancies between preview, pending and final were resolved. Better messages for logged-out users and better handling in general. Added metaverse name to the menu. Improved notifications and in-progress activities. Fix rendering issue causing meshes to be too “shiny”. Improved avatar loading speed. Show loading indicator while skybox is loading.
Bit.Country Tech Lead Team (By Daniel)
- Prepare the UAT and pioneer environment for the map server.
- UI improvement on different pages, improve the visual contrast and responsive design on all pages.
- Added mobile-friendly filter on the marketplace.
- Redesign a new UI for craft NFT.
- Implement a process and UI to upload Avatar wearables.
- Update the dark theme on the app.
- Perform testing on different environments such as UAT and testnet, as well as bug fixing and UI improvement.
- Update the map server to use the same color scheme as the main app.
Community & Operation
- Completion of #100 Metaverse Project Competition. The winning metaverses are being moderated by KOLs in the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystems. Winners are to be announced soon.
- Promotional trailer for The New Era of Bit.Country.
- Partnership promotional trailer for KuCoin and Gate.io
- The New Era of Bit.Country Medium article announcing Justin Pham as CEO and details the future timeline of Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network.
- Bit.Country Discovery
i) Bit Country Podcast Episode 9
Inside Bit.Country Culture
ii) Bit Country Podcast Episode 10
Behind the Scenes of Bit.Country Blockchain Development
iii) Bit Country Podcast Episode 11
MetaDojo’s Customized 3D Spaces
iv) Bit Country Podcast Episode 12
Founders Stories & Vision
i) KuCoin Partnership AMA
ii) Bit.Country Metaverse Workshop with the Japanese community.
Creative & 3D team
- Update team member profiles on the Bit.Country website.
- New design for the email Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network newsletter.
- New Bit.Country wearables.
- Custom KuCoin metaverse & avatar wearables.
- Custom Gate.io metaverse & avatar wearables.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetuated on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？