Software Development Update Jan 2022
Happy New Year 2022!
The team has continued to make progress over the break while taking a bit of time with family. Now we’re back to full steam ahead and growing rapidly with 5 new members interviewed in Dec, Jan and they are starting in the first week. We continue to scale up the resources in software engineering, design, and community management. We will introduce them to the community over the coming weeks.
This is the year we push harder than ever and show we are here to deliver long-term value to everyone who supported us from the VCs in the seed rounds, to our community in the Kusama crowdloan and in the Metaverse Odyssey event.
We believe there will be many milestones met this year for ourselves, for Bit.Country & Metaverse.Network, and our community.
Engineering Department (by Daniel)
- Land Block Map — Create an estate layer that shows the different estates in groups.
- Land Block Map — Create a layer that shows the estates and the buildings/assets details.
- Land Block Map — Allow users to update the land block map when they place an item/ asset in the metaverse, the system will use the actual size and scale of the building and then project to the 2D map.
- Subdivision tool improvement — added subdivision tool to the land block menu, enhanced the user experience.
- Avatar Customizer(WIP)
- Onboarding an extra map engineer.
Metaverse Department (by Shannon)
- Rendering — added shadows, auto-exposure, sunshafts, improvements to lighting and more.
- Rendering — improved graphical config system to support varied devices, tested from high-power to low-power.
- Gameplay & UX — updates to visual cues and hints systems, show where users can and can’t build more simply and efficiently.
- Gameplay — updated event system to improve efficiency and support more functionality in the Experience framework.
- Tooling UX improvements — removing text and assets has been improved significantly with it easier to select an asset, and select multiple at a time for removal.
- Improvements — optimisations to many aspects of UI and game code, including but not limited to location and boundary system, rendering, UI framework, and event system.
- Koasland Metaverse— Conceptual design and town planning
- 3D avatar — Creating variation of avatar e.g. android, alien, cyborg
- On boarding new developers and artists.
Blockchain & Integration Department (by Justin)
- Implemented Crowdloan handler for Kusama Pioneer Crowdloan distribution aligned with Bit.Country roadmap.
- Finalized and built Crowdloan reward checking page which allows users to check their crowdloan reward and bonus.
- Pioneer Release 0.0.3 that enables the number of pallets on Pioneer Network.
- Implemented more DevOps processes to automate docker build process for Blockchain node and distribute image to Docker hub registry.
- Started implementation of XCM and HRMP to prepare for cross-chain interoperability.
- Designed and implemented the Land Estate allows users to self-stake for their Land using native token and receive in-game currency for building.
- Designed Metaverse Staking that allows the network to stake for the best metaverse to receive in-game currency.
- Designed and implemented in-game currency production formula that will calculate the total issuance per round and allocate to different reward pools.
- Implemented local metaverse governance user-friendly UI & integration to ensure each metaverse member can cast their vote to shape the future of their metaverse.
- Preparing and testing for network on-chain governance set up which will allow Metaverse Network to become a decentralized network.
- Source Code Repo — https://github.com/bit-country/Metaverse-Network
General Development (by Ray)
- Interview candidates and identify cultural fits and grow the team.
- Validating BIT economics and designing the proof of work protocols for virtual businesses in the metaverses.
- Scaling MVP Studio incubator to serve metaverse.network ecosystem.
- Meeting project partners and business partners.
- Plan the year with the team.
Past Development Updates
- Dec 2021 dev update
- Oct/Nov 2021 dev update
- Sept 2021 dev update
- Aug 2021 dev update
- Jul 2021 dev update
- Jun 2021 dev update
Meet the team (Demo Day)
Our largest demo day to the public took place with more than 5k registered and roughly 4k watching live across different platforms! More than 3k of you registered on the first 2 days after the announcement!
✈️Timesaver Version — Watch 2 mins HD highlights
💎Insightful Version — Watch 30 mins HD highlights (Recommended)
✔️Deep drive Version — Watch 120 mins full recording
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn. Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetualized on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is building a future for metaverse owners to have the ability to grow exponentially while letting the members take ownership and earn through a variety of opportunities, benefiting directly from the development of the metaverses they are in.
- Successfully launched Metaverse Odyssey Event.
- We won the 14th Slot on Kusama with record-breaking total contributors. (100M TVL)
- Our core founding team launched three other successful global startups in tech, education, and real estate since 2013.
- Accepted participant of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator (2021),
- Accepted participant of Bootcamp (2021) at Creative Destructive Lab of Toronto University
- Multiple Web3 Foundation Grant Winner.
- A member of the Substrate Builders Program.
- Bit.Country completed the seed round capital raise of 4M USD from reputable venture capitals. Read more…
- On our early access waiting list, there are 180,000+ users eager to create their own metaverses for their people, and grow it into a valuable asset.
- We designed our token distribution in a community-first approach. Time will tell.
Apply For Partnership
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？
For partnership, contact us