How to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the oldest and most popular casino games in the world, whether you are playing online or at a casino. While the game seems simple enough, there is quite a bit of strategy that goes into this game.
Learning how to play Blackjack can be an exciting experience, especially if you have never played the game before. Attempting to beat the dealer’s score is what most people who play strive for, whether they are playing in person or online.
Knowing the rules and strategies of playing Blackjack can make the difference between winning and losing your hard-earned money. Keep reading to learn more about Blackjack and how to play.
What is the Objective of Blackjack?
The objective of Blackjack is simpler than many other card games that you may find in a casino or an online casino. The basic goal of the game is to beat the dealer by either getting “21” or less than what the dealer has.
Most people know that you are supposed to get as close as you can to 21 without busting if you want a chance at winning. This means that if the dealer gets a 20, and you know you have 19, taking another card can cause you to go over.
What are the Values of the Blackjack Cards?
Many people wonder about the cards during a game of Blackjack. This is because while the game itself is mostly straightforward, the value of the cards in the deck can be confusing if you are just beginning.
Here are the values of the Blackjack cards:
- Number cards 2–10 are the value that the number is
- The king, queen, or jack are worth 10 points each
- The Ace can be either a “1” or an “11” depending on the player’s choice
How to Play Blackjack
Since Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, many people around the world gather together in person or online for action. If you are going to have a chance of winning the game, you should understand the basic rules before you try your hand at Blackjack.
Place Your Bet
Although it seems counterintuitive to place your bets before you even have cards in your hand, this is the way the game is played. Each player must choose how much they want to bet before the dealer passes out the cards.
Wait For Your Cards to be Dealt
Once all of the bets have been placed around the table, the dealer will then begin passing out the cards to each player. The dealer gives each player two cards to start with, one is facing up and the other down.
Decide if You Want to Place a Side Bet
At this point in the game, you will need to decide whether or not you want to move forward with the cards that you have. If you choose to continue, you will decide if you are going to place an additional bet on your hand.
Choose Your Action Step
Next up, you will want to let the other players know what you are going to do with the cards you have been given. You can choose to have the dealer give you another card or hit, or you can choose to stand or hold onto the cards you have.
Show Your Cards
Once everyone has had a chance to choose their action step and has taken all the cards they have decided to keep, it is time to show your cards. Every player, including the dealer, will then lay their cards out for everyone to see.
Determine the Winner
Showing your cards will then reveal who won the game and who lost. Keep in mind that if your cards either add up to be “21” or are better than the dealer’s hand, you have won the game. However, if you go over “21” or have a smaller number than the dealer, you lose the game.
What are the Strategy Action Steps in Blackjack?
During table games at a casino, whether you are playing Bitcoin Blackjack or are sitting at a table in a brick-and-mortar casino, the action steps are often the same. You have several options to choose from depending on the hand you are dealt.
Check out the different action steps you can take when you play Blackjack:
- Hit. This is your way of telling the dealer that you want another card to add to your hand to get as close to “21” as possible.
- Stand. This means that you are finished taking cards, and you are ready to reveal your hand when everyone else is finished.
- Split. This is when you decide to split the two-hole cards to create a separate hand to play. In this case, the dealer will pass out another two cards, face up, to the person, and the hands are played independently.
- Double Down. In this strategy, the player doubles their original bet. It is important to note that if you choose this strategy, you will only receive one additional card to add to your hand.
- Surrender. This strategy is often used immediately after the hand has been dealt and indicates that the player feels they have no chance of winning. This also means that they forfeit half of their original bet.
- Insurance. The dealer may ask if players want to make an insurance bet if it is discovered that they have an Ace for an upcard. This means that players can place a bet on whether the hole card is a ten-value card.
While these are not the only strategies that are used in Blackjack, they are the most commonly used in casinos around the world. Keep in mind that you will want to learn the vocabulary for playing poker, or you will give others the idea that you can be beaten easily.
The bottom line is that learning to play Blackjack, whether you wish to play from the comfort of your own home or in a casino itself, can be an exciting adventure. If you would rather try your hand at Bitcoin Blackjack, you should check out the casino games tab on MintDice.com.
This article was originally posted on MintDice.