In this story, I will introduce what is We Build World from following topics:
- What is We Build World
- Why we build it
- Product Vision
- What I could do
- Contact us
What is We Build World
We Build World is a community to connect the developers and the project (similar to traditional employers). In a community, developers could be easy to find what he/she is interested in (aka. a brick, equals to a task), and also the project could issue a bounty.
We Build World shall be based on Ethereum which is very popular blockchain now, where there is a big ecosystem. Which means for the project, he/she needs to lock the bounty on Ethereum. As the developers could see the bounty issued by the project, they trust the project because the bounty is locked first.
All is open.
We Build World will not charge 1 cent, all “money” and wealth should belong to the value creators (aka. developers here).
Why we build it
We found that in the traditional company, there are several limitations:
- Rigid and inflexible corporate environment limits the potential of individuals: roles are set fixed with high switching cost.
- A significant number of individuals don’t have access to mainstream corporate work environments due to the constraints of distance(work permit), timing, age, gender, health(even pregnancy), or lack of a mainstream academic certificate.
- New technology booming — lots of decentralized tasks that demand manpower and very specific skill sets. Not yet full-time jobs, thus hard to find full-time workers in job markets.
- Only the founders are the biggest people who acquire the most benefit from the company.
- Last, but not least, traditional company derive from manufacturing, like an assembly line. Each developer is like a screw in a machine. It is fixed, and standard. But for a developer, who is a HUMAN, could be developed in many perspectives. Now many companies are seeking innovation, inner-incubation, but it is a huge barrier from the traditional company and its structure.
Based on the above limitations from the traditional company, we “feel” there should be a totally new organizational structure for the future working, and it is COMMUNITY.
The community is an interest-driven, loosely coupled, and same value group of people. In the community, it might not be highly efficient, but it could be highly innovative, high incoming (0 fees paid to the platform).
The vision of We Build World is to build a community by the community, and for the community.
This community does not belong to one person or a small group of person. It should be owned by the stakeholders of the community.
What I could do
The very first prototype of We Build World could be testable online, you can visit the website.
We have open sourced our project, you can find We Build World on github.
So what could I do as a developer?
- You can help us to evolve the product by raising an issue on github, as what we say, this community is building by the community and for the community.
- You can help us to audit our smart contracts, we believe the smartest people are in the community.
- You can help us promote this article/story, the community is building by the community.
You can reach us at :