TL:DR Edition 2 / Showtime offers streaming, Apple Watch demand slows down and Russia says selfies are dangerous
- If you don’t know the company Hacking Team, think of it as the hackers for hire that serve governments and states exclusively. They’ve been known to help governments crack down on journalist from Sudan to Russia. So it’s no surprise that when this company got hacked and had its secrets spilled out unto the interweb that many folks rejoiced. Now software companies are poring over the leaks to see what security holes need to be patched
1. I’m all about that content boss
- Right on the heels of HBO’s new streaming offering, Showtime just launched its own streaming service. Showtime shows and movies will play without delay on the new service available on Apple and Hulu (for a $2 discount)
2. Tech Roundup
- How many Apple Watches were sold is becoming a more important question. Apple certainly didn’t provide at the WDDC keynote which to many was surprising. Now an analyst group which tracks email receipt sent is claiming that sales of the watch have fallen some 90% since the opening week.
3. Game Roundup
- PewDiePie, arguably the most popular YouTube personality earned $7 million from his company. That’s almost a 100% increase from this $4 million tally in 2013.
- Selfies aren’t just egomaniacal, they are also dangerous according to Russian authorities. So much so that they’ve published a set of guidelines and warnings about selfies.
If you think we’ve missed an important announcement let us know by replying below