Travel guide to Daringbadi, Kashmir of Odisha.
Unexplored land with scenic beauty, Daringbadi is one of the beautiful hill station in eastern ghat known as the Kashmir of Odisha. It is above 3000 feet from sea level and surrounded by thick rain forest, coffee garden and green valleys. Situated in tribal populated Kandhamal district of Odisha where 71% of lands is covered with forests. Generally mercury drops to zero in Daringbadi every winter. This is an ideal place for visitors, who wants some peace away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
This is a perfect weekend getaway from Bhubaneswar, Kolkata and Visakhapatnam.
How to reach
The road connectivity to Daringbadi is so good. Due to hilly region there is no railway connectivity to Daringbadi as of now.
- From Visakhapatanam
Nearest Railway station: Berhampur Odisha ( Station code BAM )
Distance from Visakhapatanam to Berhampur is 277 KM and travel time in train is 4–5 hour.
From Berhampur you can take private cab or public bus service to reach Daringbadi. The distance between Berhampur to Daringbadi is 115km.
Baliguda( Subdivision of Kandhamal, Urban Area ) is the nearest city area where you can find good accommodation and food option.
- From Bhubaneswar
Distance between Bhubaneswar to Daringbadi is 250KM. From Bhubaneswar you can take private cab or public AC / non AC bus service to reach Baliguda( Subdivision of Kandhamal, Urban Area ) where you can find luxury accommodation and food option. The distance from Baliguda to Daringbadi is 40KM. ( ;) Don’t worry we will arrange vehicle for you. )
- From Kolkata
You can take flight or train to Bhubaneswar ( Flight code: BBI , Railway code : BBS )and from Bhubaneswar you follow above option to reach Daringbadi.
Where to stay
We Bivab’s Nature Abode offers you a state of the art luxury hotel on the heart of Baliguda town. We are having luxury AC rooms, suites and one restaurant to serve you Indian and local cuisines. For more info visit our official website.
Daringbadi is full of scenic beauty. From picnic to tribal village visiting, from hiking to bike riding, we will arrange several activities for you.
Places to visit nearby
- Sapanala — Picnic spot near to Baliguda.
- Lover’s point — Small spring surrounded with natural beauty.
- Emu Bird Safari — Emu bird firm on the way from Baliguda to Daringbadi
- Hill view — Hill view Daringbadi is perfect place to enjoy sunset and sunrise.
- Botanical Garden — Tropical garden with various species of trees.
- Spice Garden — Black pepper garden, turmeric garden and coffee garden.
- Belghar sanctuary — The place is full picturesque scenery, mountains, forest and wild animals, especially elephants. It is believed to be homeland of Kutia Kandhas, who are considered to be the descendants of primitive inhabitants of the area. This place is having a British era bungalow which is made up of only wood.
- Ludu Waterfall: 100 km from Baliguda, it is situated in dense forest inhabited by wild elephants. This waterfall is 100ft height.
- Kalinga Ghat: Odisha’s longest ghat road. The valley is famous for silviculture garden and medicinal plant cultivation. The silviculture garden has rubber trees and human thick bamboo plants.