7 things I learnt about design
Before joining BlaBlaCar, I spent 7 years at PayPal. I learnt tons of things about design. Here’s the top 7.
- Your design work sucks at first. Iterations make it better.
- Projects are more complicated than they appear to be. Always.
- The problem you have to solve is not the one you’re being asked to solve.
- Learn to empathize with your users. Do the same with your colleagues.
- Constraints can be a huge source of inspiration.
- Asking for feedback is hard — user research techniques make it easier.
- Before any review, ask “What are you trying to achieve?”