Christina Sangiuolo, The Zen of Black Barn
When it comes to our Black Barn family, we love the many different personalities that make our team whole. One of our favorite things to do is highlight the phenomenal staff who bring a bright positive energy to the restaurant for our guests to enjoy. Christina Sangiulo provides more than just professionalism to her title as an Operations Manager, she is a shining light that makes all of us smile.
“If there is anyone you want greeting you at Black Barn, it’s Christina. Her cheerful spirit makes the day’s sun shine just a little brighter. She cares passionately about our team and guests alike which makes her a pleasure to work with and she understands the importance of our guests getting to work and meetings on time, so I know our guests will enjoy their experience and be on their way.”
With a strong heart and a wonderful aura, you can find Christina at Black Barn taking care of her guests and team. Ask her about her favorite dish, the Black Mission Fig Pizza, or any of the topics below for a good chat.
Here is a list of 18 fun facts about Christina Sangiuolo:
1. I’m a certified yoga instructor.
2. I’m a proud parent of 2 pitbulls; Mya and Ami.
3. Travel is the most rewarding life experience for me. I come home culturally enriched, feeling like a completely different person than when I left.
4. A day at the beach next to the ocean is my equivalent of a restart button.
5. I majored in psychology so it’s no wonder that I became a bartender.
6. I worked as a bartender here at Black Barn until John and the team took a chance on me and made me a manager.
7. Despite my size, I’m fairly certain I can drink anyone under the table if tequila is on the menu.
8. I’m an only child.
9. I get my dog Mya a Carvel ice cream cake every year for her birthday.
10. Growing up, my mom and I used to cut down our own Christmas tree every year from a local farm. It will always be my most favorite tradition.
11. As a teen during the peak of the 90’s grunge era, it’s fitting that my all time favorite band is Nirvana.
12. I have 3 tattoos, each with a special personal meaning.
13. I was a ballerina for 13 years.
14. I LOVE spicy food.
15. Popcorn of any kind is an essential food group, specifically the white cheddar variety.
16. I played Varsity field hockey in high school.
17. Live music and going to concerts is my favorite past time.
18. My mom will always be the most influential person in my life.