Hello folks! This is the last edition of BlackFin Tech weekly before we go on hiatus for the traditional summer pause. And last week, an honourable € 44m was raised across 8 deals with two deals concentrating € 33m while all 6 remaining ones stem from the United Kingdom. Please find some additional detail below, as usual.
- Transfermate is a cross-border payment platform to facilitate international trade. Based in Ireland, it raised a second round of financing of € 21m led by ING Group, just 9 months after a first, € 30m round of financing with listed company Allied Irish Banks was disclosed.
- Grover offers leasing contracts for tech products such as smartphone, notebooks or action cameras among other examples. Circularity Capital, Coparion and the VC arm of Samsung, Samsung NEXT provided the bulk of the € 12m fundraising while the company also raised € 25m in debt financing.
- CloudTrade is an e-invoicing solution that raised £ 2m from Calculus capital
- Collision Management Systems is a platform leveraging IoT data to optimize the car insurance claims process. The company raised £ 1.25m from Business Growth Fund, a multi-stage VC & PE firm focusing on investments in the UK & Ireland.
- StockViews is an equity research platform to uncover hidden potential in mispriced securities across the globe. They have raised an undisclosed amount by Fuel Ventures, a UK-based seed-stage investor.
- By Miles is a UK-insurtech offering pay-as-you-drive insurance policies underwritten by AXA. Seed investor JamJarInvestments committed £ 1m in this round.
- SatoshiPay is a micropayment service based on the Stellar blockchain to enable consumption of digital content. It enables new monetization models of a website, an app or a video’s audience. It raised over half a million euros from a prominent blockchain business angel and has announced its intention to IPO on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM.
- Reposit offers tenants an alternative to cash deposits when moving into a new flat. Instead of a large cash deposit, tenants pay a non-refundable fee and landlords get insurance brokered by Reposit. Two family offices jointly committed £ 500k.
That’s all for last week everyone! We hope you were able to extract valuable information from this review and wish you great holidays. We will resume this newsletter in September!