Happy new year everyone!
Today we are back with the first BlackFin Tech weekly of the decade!
Let’s dance 💃🏾 💃🏼💃🏾 💃🏼💃🏾 💃🏼
We hope you had a great Christmas break, and now it is time for good resolution for 2020: ours is to keep on offering you this snapshot of the fintech/insurtech ecosystem every week!
These past few weeks were pretty calm, it seems that everybody enjoyed their well-deserved vacation. But now, let’s get back to work!
Five deals have been disclosed since our last fresh weekly digest in December, mainly for UK, and in banktech and investment banking. Switzerland and Germany follow. In total, 85m euros have been raised over the four deals for which the amounts have been disclosed. Claps for these ventures!
Now, let’s have a look at our weekly sum-up:
This week on show:
- Receipt Bank: this UK based startup connects accountants, bookkeepers and businesses on a digital bookkeeping platform. Through machine learning technology, it connects with different sources of data — photos, bank accounts, invoices, etc.— to structure and categorize it, in order to simplify the tasks of bookkeepers.
- Today, it has more than 50.000 users in Europe, North America and Australia and provides this technology for 45 new fields of small business Financial data every second.
- This amazing startup raised $73m in Series C equity and debt funding, thanks to Insight Partners and Augmentum fintech plc and existing investors, namely Kennet Partners and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. It will help them to support its geographical expansion and product development.
The second start-up we would like to present today is in investment banking: AlgoTrader is the second Series A of our list.
- The Swiss startup offers a fully integrated algorithmic trading platform for traditional and crypto assets, its two main business lines. Its services include the buying and the selling of these different types of assets and the automation of the trading execution. It rides the wave of the new Swiss legislation in crypto finance that could pass in the next few months.
- Thanks to a Tier one bank, which a name has not been disclosed, and existing investors, namely Blockchain Valley Ventures and NeueCapital, this innovative start-up raised a great series A of 3.7m Swiss francs, in order to reinforce its product and assess its leadership in this field in Switzerland.
//And what else? As we said, time for new good résolutions: have a look at what follows!
- Our portfolio companies recruit: 7 companies, 100 jobs: what are you waiting for? Link to the post here!
- Have a look at our Linkedin page to have some insights about our portfolio their recruitment, our events and the activity of the team!
- And if you wish to receive BlackFin Tech posts straight into your inbox and stay updated, click here and if you just want to browse our website to get to know us better, head over to blackfin-tech.com!