Hi Fintech enthusiasts!
European Fintech startups must be busy drafting their new resolutions.
This week, like the previous, is thin. Only three rounds have been announced. Despite the slow start, we are pretty sure the ecosystem is not sleeping and we will probably hear something loud the coming weeks…
Find here the deals of the week:
Three countries are represented this week: France, UK and Lettonia. There are two banktech startups : Float and Jeff, and one in payments.
This week under the spotlight is Lydia, that raised a shocking €40m round with nonetheless than Tencent. Find here our weekly resume:
· Lydia: Launched in 2013, makes it easy to exchange money with each other. It counts today 3 millions of users. After having raised €3.6m in 2014, then €7m in 2016, the French payments app is now playing in the big league thanks to the Chinese giant Tencent, owner of WeChat, that led €40m Series B funding into it. Tencent’s shadow cast on another wallet, on another European venture. Eyes on it now!
· Float is a cash-flow forecasting and budgeting solution for SMEs and accounting firms. Users can check their cash flow status in real-time, which informs reporting, decision making and planning. Created in 2010, this deal will allow the Edimbourg-based venture to open offices in Australia and to enhance its partnership program as a service for accounting firms. We think the sector is quite interesting.
And our congratulations also go the founders of Jeff APP!
//And what else?
- Our portfolio companies recruit: 7 companies, 100 jobs: what are you waiting for? Link to the post here!
- Have a look at our Linkedin page to have some insights about our portfolio their recruitment, our events and the activity of the team!
- And if you wish to receive BlackFin Tech posts straight into your inbox and stay updated, click here and if you just want to browse our website to get to know us better, head over to blackfin-tech.com!
- Some of our team members will be at the Paris Fintech Forum next week, come to see us!