Light week for the fintech ecosystem: almost only seed rounds have been raised. All in all, these 8 great deals represent almost €34m, and 5 of them where supported by business angels with quite big amounts. Among others, UK start-ups monopolize the top of the ranking in terms of amount: even at a seed step, the British nuggets are always bigger than their European neighbors.
And again, banktech seems to generate more interest and curiosity. So let’s not beat about the bush, and have a look at our weekly fresh list!
Few comments to make about these almost all blue-white-red flagged deals:
- Immo investment technologies is the most important round of the week, and the only Series A with a £9.9m round, raised with Talis Capital and Holtzbrinck Ventures. This proptech is a platform enabling institutional investors to invest in residential homes. They claim to have already evaluated around 10.000 apartments in Hamburg, using their tech, based on 281 data points for each good, to better calculate sales and future rental prices. They target both investors and property owners willing to sell quickly their goods, and to whom they can give an offer within 24 hours.
- Last but not least, Instant Factoring is the first Romanian banktech providing flexible working capital financing for SMEs. Their AI credit risk algorithm helps to assess the state of the SMEs and can give an answer to the demand and liquidity in only 24 hours too. This fast process could fluidify the activity of targetted SMEs with a turnover of up to €2m.
- As far as our little Frenchies are concerned, the €2m raise of Libeo precedes the launch of their product, a tool for SMEs to manage their invoices. A similar round has been raised this week by Mansa, which provides credit for freelancers, from €500 to €100.000, developing through partnerships with gig economy platforms, such as Kapten. The particularity of this deal is the age of the cofounders: they are only 19, 20 and 25 years old, but with already serial entrepreneurs profiles.
//And what else happened this week?
- Have a look at our Linkedin page to have some insights about our portfolio their recruitment, our events and the activity of the team!
- Gabrielle was in Lisbon for the Web summit and went to the Fintech Business Days organized by Finance Innovation in Paris, joined by our analyst also named Gabrielle.
- And if you wish to receive BlackFin Tech posts straight into your inbox and stay updated, click here and if you just want to browse our website to get to know us better, head over to blackfin-tech.com!