20 Must-Have Tools To Become A Successful Businesswoman
We have everything you need to launch a successful entrepreneurial take-off!
DISCLOSURE: Please note that we are not paid for our selection. These are honest choices that come from our staff after mindful selection. However, we may use affiliate links in which we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
A head full of ideas, a promising business plan, optimistic forecasts: starting a business is a drastic and exciting turning point in a lifetime. However, past the euphoria of change, the administrative dilemma disillusions many.
Accounting, inventory management, sales, customer relationship maintenance, these are all aspects that businesswomen often have to manage alone. But, rest assured, with perseverance and the right tools in hands, you will become one of the most efficient, organized and productive entrepreneurs!
Here is my list of the 20 best tools you need to be a successful businesswoman:
1. A temporary website, for this a landing page is ideal for testing a project, an idea or a new product or service. Lander app is simple, effective, and free! Unbounce is one of the most complete on the market available for a small premium.
2. If you want to have a store online (e-commerce), you have to take a look at Shopify, Square Up, and Big Commerce. These businesses are eCommerce platforms that help to create a website and use their shopping cart solution to sell, ship and manage your products.
4. Images shape everything! You need them to give life to your website and for your social media accounts. You take pictures like you’re not looking? Well, you can get images for your website and all your communications for free on Pexels, Splitshire, Pic Jumbo, and Gratisography.
5. You are able to take great pictures and you want to enrich them creating wonderful visuals. Then go for StoryLuxe, a tool to create sublime visuals in seconds and without technical knowledge! Canva is great too and free, it is a magical tool for creating dynamic and effective images.
6. Thinking of videos? Producing video can be challenging, long and laborious. Some tools can help you! Lomotif, thanks to this tool, you will be able to create beautiful videos without technical knowledge! Or Animoto a simple and powerful tool for creating videos. We can play with photos and thus create amazing pieces in a short time.
7. If you are not using an eCommerce platform and you want to cash online payments, you need tools that are efficient and quick to implement. Go Cardless is a payment solution ultra-simple, effective and not too expensive, the best! PayPal (eBay group) is a world-renowned service that I don’t need to introduce.
8. Now, that your website is up and running, why not chat live with your future customers on your website? Iadvize is a commercial chat to allow you to respond directly to customers on your website. UserVoice is a system to receive feedback from your customers directly from your site.
9. After all this time and money invested, you want to be sure that your website is a money-making machine, so test your website efficiency, and find out what works best?
A / B test ensures that your website is commercial and attractive and / or that you are on the right track improving its results. AB tasty compares the performance of several versions of the same web page. Optimizely tests the efficiency of your web pages and gets the most out of it! And Crazy egg helps you learn more about what visitors do on your website.
10. SEO is very important to get a steady flow of targeted visitors to your products and/or services.
Whereas, Backlink watch helps you know which external links point to your web page.
11. Your website is up and running. Now, your clients need to know where to find you. Therefore, you must open social media accounts that are relevant to your industry with links towards your amazing website. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or you can pick them all? Your choice! More importantly, you shall manage the content. My proposal: Hootsuite and Buffer, tools to allow you to easily share your content on social networks and plan your publications. My piece of advice: find a day of the week to plan and produce your weekly posts and concentrate each day in connecting and engaging with your audience.
12. Shout Out even louder about your business with PR. It is a challenging art; so make it easier and free! HARO and Journo Requests are amazing tools that help you create and distribute your press releases easily and access thousands of journalists’ queries.
13. The more customers and prospects you have, the more you need to know them better. Know when to contact them, what to offer them. You do not need a CRM helps you turn more leads into customers.
And I don ‘t need to introduce Salesforce, the more renowned relationship tracking system on earth, however, having the best costs premium.
14. You start getting attention and prospects are reaching out, you need to communicate with them regularly! Whilst, emailing is every year announced as old fashioned and inefficient, it continues to deliver impressive results when it is well used. MailChimp is the best tool to send emails to your prospects and customers. Simple, fast, efficient and cheap, what more? Mailjet is another mass mailing solution that works just as well.
15. You have clients and prospects visiting your website every day, but you also need to understand their attitude and purchasing behaviors Hotjar is the solution I have for you! A fabulous tool to watch what your visitors are doing on your website. You will understand better how to satisfy them.
16. Calls, calls, call, emails, emails, and more emails! You’re busy and you have so many clients, sponsors, and partners willing to see you and work with or for you. How do you organize your meetings? Well, Calendly! Voyons. The perfect tool to help you better plans your next appointments. If you have to see someone, you send him or her the link to your calendar and s/he can choose a date and time according to your availability on the diary, great!
17. Now, these clients need to be invoiced and billing is a crucial point for your business. Managing quotes, invoices, social contributions, charges … We are all looking for tools to simplify all that! Invoice Ninja, a free, open-source solution for invoicing your customers online, track time, create tasks and automate the invoicing process.
18. Earning money is great but try to give without expecting anything in return! And you can do it through micro-blogging (e.g. Twitter), blogging (through your website), or podcasting (Podbean or Buzzsprout) giving advice, chatting and sharing with your community.
19. You are pretty well organized, now, however, your departments and operations need collaborative software to run effectively and smoothly. Trello is here for you. It allows you to manage your projects, your tasks and secure your business documents, improving efficiency and productivity in the company.
20. Well, what about you! Breathe, have some rest, relax and look after yourself! And for this, I have Rescue time to help you optimize your day and balance your professional and personal life.
Having a business is an amazing experience and yet a challenging adventure; so don’t forget to have fun whilst getting to your destination!
Stéphanie Tumba is a multi-award-winning investor, author, and founder of Sté Tumba Capital. She helps, through her company, entrepreneurs, and start-ups to realize their dream by investing in small and early-stage firms with high growth potential. Visit her @stephtumba