We’re baaaack! After a long break because life happens, we return with a long show full of pinball.
You’ll get news about Zen tables on the horizon, some more gameplay thoughts on the iOS Pinball Tournaments app by Farsight and Skillz, and some IRL pinball tourney action to round out the show.
- 01:00 — What have we been up to?
- 03:40 — Progress with Star Race
- 06:15 — Frisket Freehanding
- 09:55 — Old silkscreening is imperfect
Zen Announces New Star Wars Tables
- 14:35 — New Star Wars tables out on April 18
- 16:55 —Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Android and Zen
- 18:30 — Alien Pack was a turning point for Zen
- 22:35 — Early Zen was a bit like crazy Electro-mechanical era of pinball
Would Zen Make Black Panther?
- 25:35 — The Black Panther universe? Enough content?
Farsight Skillz Pinball Tournaments App
- 29:45 — How is the competitive landscape in the app?
- 34:35 — Needs a new table to compete on.
- 35:30 — Bonus count is the determining factor to winning.
- 36:50 — How can you kind of work out the target score?
- 40:10 — Product Management 101: Release, measure, iterate, repeat.
Pinball Tournaments IRL
- 41:30 — Pinball League Changes for Chris
- 45:40 — Having games on free play for eliminated players
- 47:05 — Brisbane Pinball Club Format
- 48:20 — Table line-up for Chris’ tourney.
Iron Maiden by Stern
- 48:45 — Iron Maiden by Stern quick thoughts.
- 49:40 — Would you spring for a Premium or LE?
- 50:50 — When a pinball player designs a table, it’s good for consumers
- 52:55 — Plug for BlahCade Movie Reviews
The Warm Up
There is no warm up this time because the context of what we’ve been up to is kind of important.
Will we do a Warm Up in the next episode? You’ll have to wait and see.