BlahCade #138: Yoku’s Island Express
Its a bit platformer. Its a bit pinbally. Its a lot of fun. It’s only $20!
Chris found a new thing on Steam this week that shows a lot of promise for platformer fans who like a pinball aesthetic.
Arcooda have got their Arcooda Pinball Arcade product into the hands of cabinet enthusiasts. It’s early on, but there is definitely the framework for an excellent product and development is rapidly progressing.
What’s Been Happening?
- 01:00 — One month anniversary at Credit Sense
- 01:40 — YouTube comment about Stern Pinball Arcade
Arcooda Pinball Arcade News
- 07:25 — Arcooda Pinball Arcade (APA) Steam Key Released
- 08:15 — Only one cabinet view at the moment in APA
- 12:45 — Theorising: Could you actually unlock the $150 package after June 30?
- 14:35 — Chris’ trip to FarSight Studios delayed.
- 17:15 — FarSight Newsletter #75
- 19:40 — Pinball Tournaments Cash Play
- 22:30 — Bug with ball state in Pinball Tournaments
Yoku’s Island Express
Yoku's Island Express on Steam
Meet Yoku, the pint-sized postman protagonist of Yoku's Island Express! Use a unique blend of pinball mechanics…
- 28:50 — Pinball mechanic in the game
- 30:50 — Game progression
- 33:30 — How does it flip?
- 36:10 — Boss Battle is awesome!
- 37:25 — How replayable is this game?
- 40:41 — How much is it and is it worth it?
- 45:05 — Tangent: FlipNic on PlayStation 2
- 46:05 — How FarSight could capitalise on this type of genre
- 50:50 — Zen and PS4 Controller support on Steam
- 57:00 — Upgrade Movie Review
- 59:50 — Issues with Rebrandly and show URLs