BlahCade #141: Spacies Fireside Chat
We invite Greg Holden from Spacies Arcade onto the show to give his views on the Arcooda Pinball Arcade own-cab experience.
Well, it’s official. You can no longer purchase WMS tables from Farsight.
It’s a bit of a sad day and an end of an era for Farsight Studios, but it could be the beginning of a brand new phase for the studio.
Time will tell.
We shirk the bad vibes and have a chat with Greg Holden from Spacies Arcade, who did a great YouTube Vlog on the Arcooda Video Pinball cabinet. He’s got a host of great questions from the communities’ viewpoint, which makes for a great perspective and a great show.
The Warm Up
- 03:50 — FOMO Drama with WMS licence late-comers
Greg Holden from Spacey’s Arcade
Welcome Spacies Arcade! (Formally the "Theatre of Magic"). Home to classic games and emulation. Join me in my quest to…
- 09:10 — What is Spacey’s Arcade?
- 11:33 — What’s in the Arcade (well, study)
- 13:40 — Helping out the community on the Vlog
Greg’s Arcooda Pinball Arcade Thoughts
- 16:15 — Arcooda Video
- 16:50 — What is the make-up of the Pin-cab
- 20:30 — Monitor below glass and lights give depth effect
- 22:30 — What thoughts about the Arcooda Pinball Arcade
- 23:15 — “Cash Grab”: Cab mode available after the 30th
- 29:30 — Is Pinball Arcade pitched at enthusiasts or casual gamers?
- 35:45 — Potential for goodwill marketing campaign with cabinet owners.
- 38:17 — How do you make physics realistic when each table is different?
- 41:10 — TPA table’s moon physics are boring.
- 43:45 — Why can’t I tilt and plunge digitally with Arcooda Pinball Arcade?
- 45:40 — Who’s doing the coding for the platform?
- 47:15 — Why not sell the Arcooda proprietary hardware units separately?
- 51:50 — Farsight’s roadmap early on.
- 53:50 — Was the monthly DLC driven by Farsight?
- 58:25 — Who is Arcooda’s target audience?
- 66:15 — What will Arcooda Pinball Arcade do for digital pinball cabinet sales?
- 68:40 — Spacey’s Arcade Plug