BlahCade #143: Four Little Words
WMS Licence rumors cause a tweet-splosion, and we learn more about how Zen licenses their cabinet properties commercially.
How can four little words spark so much rumor and speculation? We investigate the four little words show friend Brad Baker from VPCabs uttered about WMS Licences.
We also check in on Zen and how they freely allow commercial use of their games (for the right price, of course).
Farsight have released the re-organised pack structures, and people are grabbing their pitchforks. We offer some suggestions about how to overcome the problem.
The Warm Up
- 01:28 — Sorry to Bother You
- 05:15 — Skyscraper Die Hard
- 08:00 — Mediocre movies are hard to review
- 08:30 — 59 min Medium Articles
- 10:20 — Anatomy of Click Bait
Scientific and Planetary Conversation
- 14:11 — Background
- 21:00 — Farsight and License Freedom
- 22:48 — Did Farsight pitch too late with license ownership?
- 23:48 — This Week In Pinball plug
- 25:23 — TWIP Article about exchange with Brad Baker from VP Cabs
- 26:53 — Brad Baker “There is a plan” quip
- 29:17 — Where is Brad’s source?
- 30:00 — What’s our take?
- 31:00 — Brad and Shark Tank guy still working together
Zen Cabinet Commercial Licences
- 31:43 — Commercial Licenses for Zen
- 33:00 — What does the commercial license get you?
- 33:54 — How do you get a consumer cabinet licence?
- 34:48 — What do you get with the license?
- 37:00 — The challenges of developing cabinet mode
Farsight New Table Pack Organisation
- 38:03 — Stern Pinball Arcade table pack problems
- 39:37 — What should you do as a Farsight consumer
- 40:33 — Will there be cross-buy
- 41:05 — How are the packs being organised? Like the Switch.
- 41:26 — Why can I only buy DLC through the app?
- 42:30 — DLC Drought is taking its toll
- 45:37 — GoG the next Stern Table. Apparently.
- 46:20 — Why should you trust us for info?
- 48:00 — Bored with Zen? Play our Tourney
BlahCade Podcast - Four Little Words
How can four little words spark so much rumor and speculation? We investigate the four little words show friend Brad…