BlahCade #150: Zen Williams Pinball Retrospective
We take a breather from podcast release deadlines and secret info and share our opinions about the last month in the world of digital pinball.
It’s been a MASSIVE month for digital pinball fans. So many forum posts, podcast episodes to digest, posts to read, and beta builds to play (if you’re on Steam).
We take a step back from the hamster wheel and talk about some questions that we’ve been thinking about from when the FX3 Williams Pinball announcement went public.
If you’re wondering what we’re talking about, go back and listen to the last couple of episodes and you’ll be ready to listen to this one.
Ways to Listen
BlahCade Podcast - Zen Williams Pinball Retrospective
Its been a MASSIVE month for digital pinball fans. So many forum posts, podcast episodes to digest, posts to read, and…
And now… on with the show
- 00:45 — 150th Episode! Um…
- 01:45 — One-year anniversary patella accident.
- 03:45 — Working on Star Race.
- 07:05 — Playfield side rails prevent serious deflection.
- 11:24 — We still want a Pinball restoration show.
Zen Williams Pinball Retrospective
- 17:00 — Fourth beta perspective on difficulty.
- 19:42 — Should ROM State be preserved between games?
- 22:00 — Safe Cracker and ROM state token percentage payout.
- 27:00 — How would you position Zen Original Bally Williams tables?
- 28:30 — Would you use some sort of table sub-filter?
- 30:10 — How long we think the deal cut with Scientific Games is for.
- 30:54 —How accurate was our speculation in https://blahcadepinball.com/148-wms-license-speculation-time!
- 31:46 — Sorry for keeping you hanging, cabinet owners.
- 32:00 — How have attitudes changed towards Zen Studios?
- 36:05 — T-shirts in Beta Testing.
- 37:00 — How we want to use donations to improve the show.
- 39:10 —Loving the way Zen approaches software development.
Pinball Arcade Polygon Perspectives
- 41:23 — Big Buck and Whoa Nellie mobile poly count.
- 42:29 — Why you can’t define custom angles in Pinball Arcade.
Integrating Pinball 2000 into Williams Pinball
- 44:26 — How would Pinball 2000 be represented on Williams Pinball?
- 45:40 — How would you switch between classic Pin2K and Zen2K?
- 47:45 — What would you do with the rear of the Pin2K table?
Making a Cabinet Controller
How to Build the PinSim Virtual Reality Pinball Machine - Tested
The PinSim cabinet is essentially the first eight inches of a real pinball table. I designed it to play VR pinball…
- 53:50 — Donor parts for Chris (La Habra area)
- 55:50 — Would a PinCab manufacturer like VPCabs or Arcooda make one of these controllers?
- 56:21 — Would you buy this controller in a Zen Studios Retail Pack?
- 57:00 — How would you position the second flipper buttons?
- 58:30 — No “gear down” control in Zen Studio’s The Getaway: HS2
- 61:00 — Chris plans to fully document the journey.
The Stress of Stress Cube litigation
- 61:45 — Stress Cube Cease and Desist Email
- 64:11 — Servicing a Stress Cube
What’s Happening Next?
- 66:00 — Stern VR Chat with Mike Lindsey
Tips on Improving YouTube Production Quality
- 67:25 — Help with improving the YouTube Episodes.
- 68:00 — What type of advice we need your input on.