After a very enjoyable Christmas break, we get right back into the action with an update about a fresh new look for the podcast and a pile of pinball related talk.
There’s a long discussion about how DX9 seems to be complicating development for The Pinball Arcade on Steam. We talk about what could be done about this, and look to competitors to see some proven best practice about getting rid of the poor UX for this part of the product.
- 01:05 — Correction from Norman’s Interview
- 04:25 — New Logo
- 08:55 — New Website on Medium
- 10:20 — Why did we move from self-hosted to Medium?
- 12:20 — Use you own domain on Medium. NOPE!
- 14:30 — Rebrandly.com to the rescue!
- 15:50 — The urge to write, about movies!
- 19:04 — This week In Pinball
This Week in Pinball - Weekly Pinball News Every Monday
Weekly Pinball News Every Monday
Weekly Pinball News Every Mondaythisweekinpinball.com
- 21:50 — Sorcerer is out in beta on Pinball Arcade
Deep Dive: DX Framework issues on Pinball Arcade
- 24:15 — DX9 vs DX11 Tribbles in Pinball Arcade on Steam
- 25:00 — Request: Embed DX11 settings in the game, not externally
- 26:00 — How does Zen Studios do it in Pinball FX3?
- 30:10 — DX9 causes data to be saved differently to DX11?!
- 34:35 — Update the minimum recommended specs for Steam
Other News and Tidbits
- 39:05 — Snowball from PixelJam Studios gets Night Mode!
- 44:15 — Pinball on Google Play Reboot?
- 45:50 — Portal Zen Pinball FX3 Tournament
- 49:00 — Port those competitive Zen Pinball FX3 features over to mobile!
- 52:20 — Backroom: Mason’s Site.