Falling down the crypto rabbithole
There is no shortage of resources for anyone who is falling down the crypto rabbithole. Here is just another list of interesting articles, people, communities, projects, tools, etc. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and I can guarantee that many of your favorite projects or people are missing. :)
- A Normie’s Guide to Becoming a Crypto Person How to (cautiously and skeptically) fall down the rabbit hole. (article)
- Fat Protocols — answers crypto’s place in the history of the internet and basically tries to answer the question “Why are things like bitcoin and ethereum valuable? (blog post)
- But how does bitcoin actually work? (video)
- Series or articles by Linda Xie, an early Coinbase employee who now runs a crypto hedge fund, published on Medium (article)
- The Quiet Master of Cryptocurrency — Nick Szabo (#244) (podcast)
- Blockchain and money — MIT course
- Enormous crypto canon: nearly 160 podcast episodes, Medium articles, blogs, and academic PDFs divided into categories like “Foundations,” “Governance,” and “Practical Guides.”
- Defi — Several articles on how DeFi Works
Why are DEXes important
Tech Behind DEXes
- How stablecoins work
Influencers, SME, News
- Seed Club — Seed Club is a DAO that builds and invests in communities. We’re building a future where the value created by communities on the internet is captured by people, not platforms.
- Mirror.xyz — web3 blogging platform
Gaming and NFT
- Chainsafe gaming SDK provides the ability to connect NFTs to Unity games. Dev tutorial here.
- Internet Computer
- Gnosis Chain
- Go Chain — The GoChain network is the fastest, most sustainable, web3 compatible blockchain.
- Tezos — A blockchain designed to evolve. Security focused. Upgradeable. Built to last.
- Flow — Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them
NFT Explorers, Tools, Research
- Rarity tools — find NFTs and explore collection attributes like rarity
- NonFungible — Real-time project rankings, asset price evolution, advanced market analysis
- dAPP Radar — find dApps across various blockchains
- Nansen.ai — Analyzes and labels 100M+ Ethereum wallets and their activity to make smarter investment decisions.
- The Graph — The Graph is an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS. Anyone can build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, making data easily accessible.
- Prysm — explore popular NFT collections or ERC20s held by various addresses or view assets for a particular address
NFT Marketplaces and NFT creation tools
- WAX — WAX provides everything a brand needs to launch a successful NFT collection — from games and dApps to exchanges, digital marketplaces and more
- Rarible — NFT marketplace
- NFTify.- empowers anyone to be an NFT entrepreneur with our feature-rich and ready-made marketplace solution. No coding required.
- Metaplex: Metaplex empowers creators and brands to build direct relationships with their audiences. NFTs powered by Metaplex engage and provide utilities to decentralized communities everywhere.Metaplex is a decentralized protocol paired with an open-source web framework that lets artists, brands and creators launch self-hosted NFT storefronts as as building a website — all without writing any code. Metaplex’s Candy Machine launches NFT sales without a hiccup.
- Mintable — NFT marketplace
- Enjin- Individuals — NFT wallet; Businesses — Our end-to-end solution allows you to create blockchain projects and experiences that make using NFTs feel effortless for everyone; Developers — Versatile SDKs, a robust API, and development tools to help you create NFT-powered projects — no blockchain coding experience required.
- RMRK (pronounced “remark”) is a set of NFT legos that give NFTs infinite extensibility, hosted on the Kusama blockchain, Polkadot’s canary network, without the need for parachains or smart contracts.
- Xooa — low code platform that enables companies to launch NFTs and deploy them to Ethereum or Polygon.
- POAP (Proof of Attendance Protocol) — organizers of events can give NFTs as proofs of attendance.
- Pinata — the cloud wasn’t built for this. Pinata was. Storing and managing your NFT media just got easier.
- IPFS — peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol designed to preserve and grow humanity’s knowledge by making the web upgradeable, resilient, and more open.
- Robonomics network — open-source platform for IoT applications. They support a new generation of internet technologies (web3).
Developer tools and APIs
- Infura — APIs and Developer Tools that provide access to the Ethereum and IPFS networks
- Alchemy — APIs to Ethereum and other chains. Debugging and monitoring tools.
- Moralis — APIs to build & scale dApps without the cost & complexity.
- CyberConnect — Social graph SDKs — The CyberConnect Protocol is designed for developers to create, access, and easily build upon decentralized social graphs on Ethereum and Solana. By using dApps built upon the protocol, your users will be freed from centralized databases owned by network operators. Your users’ data will become portable, self-sovereign, and blockchain-agnostic.
- Dynamic — Dynamic is your multi-chain wallet-based authentication and authorization platform.
TradFi with Crypto
- Prime Trust — crypto and traditional finance custodian, on/odd ramps, payment rails, KYC/KYB. Companies like Strike.me leverage them.
- Plaid — bank authentication to enable on/off fiat ramps
Lightning Network (dev focused)
- Intro to Lightning Network
- Lightning Network Dev Kit — Integrate Lightning into your Bitcoin wallet. Built by Spiral
- Lightning Network Awesome list — List of various learning resources and development tools
- LND overview and developer guide
- Polar — local app development and testing for lightning
- Video: Build Bitcoin into Your App: Getting Started with the Lightning Network
- Video: Creating a Sample Lightning Node with LDK
- Video: Learning BDK from the Command Line
- Video: Connecting Blockchain Data with LDK
- Video: Build a bitcoin wallet backed by a core node
- Prezo: Running Lightning on mobile
- Muun — Lighting network wallet. Source code
- BlueWallet — Lightning wallet
- Lightweight lightning node for React Native
- ZenLedger — “Use our cryptocurrency tax software to easily track your trades, see your profits, and never overpay on your crypto taxes again.”
Blockchain & Consultants and Agencies
Test Faucets (receive free crypto on test networks)
- Rinkeby faucet — send 0.1 ETH each day
- ChainLink — can receive ETH, LINK on various test networks)
Brick Mortar and eCommerce & Crypto
Flexa — enables accepting crypto in physical and digital stores. Good article on that.
Rekt — latest crypto exploits and and security news
EnergyWeb — blockchain for the Energy industry around renewable energy. Their product GreenProof “makes it easy to establish a transparent audit trail proving that a given unit of energy or a given product (e.g., electricity, hydrogen, carbon offsets, aviation fuel, green steel) is in fact “green.””