Community Update — September 14, 2018
Tabby Pay 2.0, is now live on the Ethereum Mainnet. 🎉
Our team is excited to announce that Tabby Pay 2.0 is now live on the Ethereum Mainnet. The feedback provided by the community after the beta release was tremendous. We were able to incorporate several improvements into the dApp, and we could not have done it without you! 👏
Tabby Pay 2.0 is a dApp that’s built to eliminate user error.
Tabby Pay is 100% decentralized. Our modern UI interacts with the blockchain via smart contract and enables users to send ETH and ERC20 tokens without the fear of sending to the wrong address - by giving users the ability to cancel pending payments.
A Recap of the changes made to Tabby Pay 2.0:
- Improved Graphical User Interface - User-testing with the community helped us fine-tune the app to make the experience intuitive for both beginners and crypto veterans alike.
- Fee Payments in CAT - We wanted to make sure Tabby Pay was accessible to all users, so we’ve incorporated payment in both ETH and CAT. We made some changes to the fee structure which is designed to give CAT holders an incentive by providing a modest discount per transaction (0.001 ETH or 0.5 CAT per transaction).
- Send any ERC20 Token - Tabby Pay 2.0 allows users to send both ETH and ERC20 Tokens.
- Support for Multiple Wallet Interfaces - To make Tabby Pay even more accessible, we’ve added support for multiple wallet types, including:
- Browser wallets (MetaMask or Parity)
- Ledger hardware wallets (Nano S or Ledger Blue)
- External wallets (MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto)
New to BlockCAT? Tabby Pay is a smart contract that’s built to prevent user error. If you send tokens to the wrong wallet, you can cancel the payment and your tokens will be returned to you. Learn more here
A few quick notes about what went on behind the scenes this week.
+ Fixed a number of outstanding UX issues.
+ Final round of CSS and language polish.
+ Adjusted token naming behaviour.
+ Configured and deployed the new mainnet contract using our contract versioning system.
+ Launched the new Tabby Pay UI. We're now redirecting all attention away from Tabby Pay (except for bug fixes/critical issues) towards Rewards and infrastructure.
+ Continued integrating the new contract, UX development and frontend UI work.