It is THAT time! The update everyone was waiting for all this time. The big update that adds even more content to the game. The Raid bosses are finally here! AND that’s not all that’s in-store for our players *wink*
This update will be delivered in 2 iterations:
1. (Now) Raid boss system in terms of mechanics and numbers with simple UI.
It is released to test everything in real environment. This update is purely functional, without “blows and whistles” with boss raids working properly and as intended.
2. Next update, which will be released closer to Halloween.
It will bring new UX, expanded raid boss content and probably some balancing.
This update was highly anticipated by our community and by all of us in the Blockchain Cuties Team. We’ve been working tirelessly on it, aiming to deliver first ever collaborative content.
Many awesome things happened since the last update — We’ve been invited to a legendary game development podcast, N1 has found a new owner, a new token has been introduced into the game and a whole new Tribute has been uncovered! Not to mention the player-made underground market that’s been very active since its creation.
All that in a span of a couple of weeks!
Now, the time has come to unveil the Notes that everyone is craving for! It is our greatest pleasure to oblige!
The 1.4 Patch Notes
Here we go! All the things 1.4!
- Fixed issue with item disappearing when user placed an item into auction house. It appeared as user has participated in lottery and didn’t show up in inventory afterwards. This is now is fixed and all items have been returned.
- Fixed an issue with lots of pets having 404 error! Now the server problem is resolved and pets can be accessed.
- Fixed a bug with double rewards appearing for users in activity.
- Added more details to notifications — now showing a lot more useful information, plus every notification now has an icon (Yay!).
- Changed visual style of cutie “bell” in activity page, now it’s represented as an info symbol.
- Added token balance to wallet.
- Added 🇷🇺 Russian language to the game.
- Added more detailed elemental icons on pets, representing elements more in-depth. No more guessing and double checking!
- Added CUTE coin to the game (our new ERC-20 token based hard currency that is obtainable by in-game actions and is used by some game mechanics)
- Added Raid Bosses into the game!
- Energy system added — in the future it is going to be reused for other mechanics.
And many more small UI tweaks and code improvement for more enjoyable experience!
With the list uncovered, lets dive in to the main event of the whole patch — RAIDS!
RAID BOSS BATTLE MECHANICS
Battles with bosses will happen similarly to the regular adventure battles in terms of mechanics. There are attack and defence phases. Instead of location attack there’s “Raid Boss Location” attack.
VICTORY conditions are the same as in adventure battles — as soon as a player gets 2 wins he has won the battle (classical best-of-three).
If the raid boss gets two wins — the player is defeated.
- Only cuties level 5+ can participate in raid boss battles.
- Raid boss is always 6 power stronger than the Cutie sent to adventure. It copies the pets overall average power and adds 6 points to it.
- Every day players have 5 attacks available for free.
- Every next 5 attacks cost additional energy up until 20 overall attacks. Meaning that every day player can purchase extra energy to attack up to 3 times more than the default setting.
- Player has to use different Cuties for every attack. One Cutie can’t go to raid event several times the same day. Every new day the counter resets and the Cutie can be sent to fight the Raid Boss again.
BOSS SPECIAL ATTACKS
Instead of “critical hits” bosses can do special attacks when dice is rolled 18 / 19 / 20 (depending on the boss rule set).
RAID BOSS LOCATION ATTACKS
Raid boss location attacks are similar to regular “location attacks” — the only difference is that pet “checks” if it has successfully evaded the initial raid boss attack (random special attack). This attack is checked once per battle and it checks Cutie’s dice roll or its particular element strength. If the player has failed the dice roll, then a certain debuff is applied (one of the boss special attacks is triggered).
Weakened cuties are not immune to these “location” attacks. It’s a fair game against any cutie.
RAID BOSS WEAKNESSES
Every day Raid bosses have weaknesses against particular elements or pet-kinds. These bonuses trigger only if player has sent a proper pet to battle.
- Pet-Kind by default gives immunity to some of the bosses special attacks;
- Pet-Kind by default gives +2 to power against the particular boss;
- Element weakness, adds up to power according to its “stat”. It has to be positive for it to work, if user uses a pet which has -2 to fire it means that this bonus doesn’t work for this battle.
Raid boss has weakness against cats — this means that by default cats receive +2 to overall power when fighting this raid boss and are immune to some of its special attacks.
Raid boss has a weakness against fire element — this means that pets use their 🔥 fire element as bonus when they attack & defend.
Raid Boss Strengths
Raid bosses have strengths against particular elements or pet-kinds.
Raid Boss has strength against cats — this means that cats can’t participate in the current Raid Boss event.
Raid boss is strong against fire element — this means that its location attacks are going to be connected with “fire” element.
The overall Win/Loss Ratio will play a major Role in the system. If players win more than half of the fights (reference to 51% attack) across the whole game population, the prize pool for that day increases, but if the players fail to meet the criteria — the prize pool becomes smaller.
The prizes are ERC20 CUTE tokens and are allocated according to the player’s overall win count.
- Every cutie that participates in the raid boss battle receives experience for Win or Loss.
- If cutie is level 10, then it receives paw coins for a win against raid boss.
- There is a chance that raid boss will drop an item, if a cutie wins the battle.
What information player sees about the raid
- Raid timer (when the raid is going to end);
- Raid current win ratio (all raid sessions combined);
- Raid current wins/losses ratio for all players;
With this, we leave you to explore, discover and do what you do best, Cutieneers. DIVE into the patch and make the heads and tails of it and discover all the gems that the updates hide!
Blockchain Cuties team can’t wait to get your feedback on this. We hope you will enjoy the update.
P.S. Just remember that this week, not all the Raid Boss content is being released. The team will closely analyze raid boss event data, our dear players’ feedback and community social impact we hope this mechanic will bring. Next update, we plan to finalize the Raid Boss system and make a habit of expanding it during special holiday events such as 🎃 Halloween, which by the way is “very thoon” ;).
Make sure you follow us on our social profiles like:
and here — on Ⓜ️ Medium for more updates.
Keep rocking, keep exploring and see ya on Blockchain Cuties!