We are pleased to announce that our MVP is currently accessible to selected early investors! In addition, we are planning both live and video demonstrations for upcoming event roadshows.
For those unaware, an MVP is a Minimum Viable Product that allows early adopters to experience the initial offerings of a service or product.
Below includes preview images of our MVP with more features currently under development including advanced trading. We’re striving hard to make Blockchain.io’s trading experience one of a kind!
Let’s take a look at the wallet page, which will allow for cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. At present, four testnet cryptocurrencies have been deployed: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, and Ripple. More currencies will be added for the launch, including Bitcoin Cash, Blockchain.io token (BCIO) and select ERC20 tokens.
In time, the interface will be redesigned to display dozens of wallets for different cryptocurrencies.
Performance-wise, an e-mail notification will be sent out to users every time they make a successful deposit, thus making record keeping and verification for users a breeze. Also, a locked balance will represent your trading amount in open orders and you will be able to withdraw any remaining amounts from your wallet. Withdrawal addresses can even be saved in your profile account.
Buy / Sell Page
An easy to use interface to buy and sell cryptocurrencies will be available for those who are new to trading cryptocurrencies. Users simply choose the cryptocurrency they wish to buy or sell along with the corresponding trading pair, which could be Bitcoin, Ether, or other cryptocurrencies. Next, you’ll put in the amount for trade, validate the order and voila! That’s it!
From this page, users will be able to directly create a market order without using the trading interface. In case of a strong spread, a warning message will be displayed to confirm the order. Like the wallet page, the interface will be redesigned to display dozens of cryptocurrencies.
For advanced users, a trading interface with standard trading figures and charts will be made available. The matching engine is working very well. For now, limit orders are available and market orders will be made available in time for our beta release with advanced orders to follow shortly thereafter.
By launch, the trading interface will be completely redesigned, but don’t worry, it’ll have the same ease and appeal of our MVP. Users will be able to make technical analyses directly from the platform by drawing their own charts. We are also building a full, dynamic, and personalized interface, where you will be able to select and arrange each module displayed to build your own trading interface. How cool is that?
Several additional features are in development for the official launch later this year. These include:
- High Performance Matching — A high availability and high scalability trade matching engine to sustain a deep orderbook on all pairs
- Basic & Advanced Orders — market, limit, stop loss, take profit and trailing stop orders as well as self-canceling and expiration orders
- BCIO Design & UX — complete redesign of both the basic interface and trading interface
- BCIO Token Usages Features: fee payment with BCIO token, discounted trading, survey participation rights…
Additional advanced exchange features will be developed in 2019.
- Cross-chain Atomic Swaps Trading — Our decentralized settlement option will allow traders to execute trade orders via cross-chain atomic swaps, leveraging a cryptographic protocol designed specifically for trading and addressing issues of prior protocols such as front-running and grieving
- Periodic Auctions — transparent auctions several times a day to bootstrap new currency markets with an efficient price discovery mechanism.
- Proprietary & Peer-to-peer lending [subject to regulatory approval] — traders borrow money from other platform users or from the Blockchain.io inventory for larger amounts.
- Short & Long Margin Trading [subject to regulatory approval] — traders can borrow to open long or short positions — with or without leveraging — guaranteed with a security margin
Stay tuned, cause it’s only going to get better.
The Blockchain.io team