The Launch of Blockchain.io Exchange
The Blockchain.io team has been working hard for more than a year to develop a platform that meets the needs of crypto enthusiasts, institutions & entrepreneurs. Today, we are proud to announce the achievement of a major milestone with the soft launch of blockchain.io.
This would not have been possible without the support of our community. Hence, we would like to thank once again each and every single contributor and member of the community for their support and trust.
We’ve recently announced the deployment of our official smart contract, and now, only a few days later, we’ve successfully launched the Blockchain.io platform. Indeed, it was particularly important for us to deliver on our promise to release the first version of our exchange, by the end of 2018. Now that we’ve achieved it, let us introduce you to our brand-new exchange.
The main strengths of Blockchain.io:
- Customizable trading interface
- UX suitable to all user profiles
- Token exchange economics (dynamic fee, holding program, voting rights…)
- Upcoming decentralized settlement feature for trustless trading
The main features available now:
- Wallet (BTC, LTC, ETH)
- Simple interface for buy & sell orders
- Limit and market order on the advanced Trading interface
- Advanced Trading: Trading Analytics Tools by TradingView, Fully customizable interface
Additional features are in development for future release, within the coming months, including:
- More cryptocurrencies: BCH, XRP, ZEC, XLM, DASH… and of course BCIO token
- Design & UX — complete redesign of the basic interface
- BCIO Token Usages Features: fee payment with BCIO token, discounted trading, survey participation rights…
- Referral program
Additional advanced exchange features will be rolled out in 2019.
- Cross-chain Atomic Swaps Trading — Our decentralized settlement option will allow traders to execute trade orders via cross-chain atomic swaps, leveraging a cryptographic protocol designed specifically for trading and addressing issues of prior protocols such as front-running and grieving
- Periodic Auctions — transparent auctions several times a day to bootstrap new currency markets with an efficient price discovery mechanism.
- Proprietary & Peer-to-peer lending [subject to regulatory approval] — traders borrow money from other platform users or from the Blockchain.io inventory for larger amounts.
- Short & Long Margin Trading [subject to regulatory approval] — traders can borrow to open long or short positions — with or without leveraging — guaranteed with a security margin
Access to the platform
The soft launch began a few weeks ago, and we are very excited to receive your feedback. If you’re interested in trying out the platform, please fill out this form and we’ll send you the URL link to sign-up.
Having launched our platform, we’ll start performing KYC procedure very soon. We’ll keep it very simple:
- A selfie of yourself with your ID
- Contributors to our ICO will also receive detailed instructions by email.
What are Blockchain.io goals for the future?
This is a key milestone for Blockchain.io. It will allow us to field test the platform and enhance it to the point where we can offer a fully functional exchange to our users when the platform goes fully live in the next few weeks.
Our objective is to become the leading European cryptocurrency exchange by 2020. It is an ambitious goal, and there is still a long path ahead of us, but we are confident that today is the first day of an exciting journey, building with you the Internet of Value.
The Blockchain.io Team