Word on the BLOCK: 15th February
Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- The latest wallet and Block DX updates have been released! These are the most important releases to date with the launch of Block DX 1.0!
- PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WALLET TO VERSION 3.12.1 BY FEBRUARY 21ST. This is required by EVERYONE running the Blocknet wallet, regardless if you’re a holder, trader, staker, or Service Node operator. If you do not update, YOU WILL END UP ON A FORK AND COULD POTENTIALLY LOSE FUNDS by transferring BLOCK to or from exchanges. See this article for more information about these updates. Download Blocknet Wallet 3.12.1 | Download Block DX 1.0
- Block DX configuration files have been updated to use lower fees for all tokens. If you updated and ran the configuration setup before February 8th, please run the configuration setup again to use these lower fees. To do this, open the Block DX sidebar menu (3 lines in upper right corner) and select “Basic Setup”. Block DX 1.0.1 has been released to include these changes. However, even if you update to 1.0.1 you will still need to run the configuration setup. If you already re-ran the setup process on 1.0.0 and then upgrade to 1.0.1 you will not need to run the setup again.
- Service Node Operators need to update both the node and the 5000 BLOCK collateral client. After both are updated with the new versions and are fully synced, you will need to run the “servicenode start-all” command from the collateral client. The updated configuration files can be found here: XBridge.conf Entries | Coin.conf Entries
- A bootstrap of the Blocknet chain files has been created and can be found in the blocknet-blockchain-bootstrap Github repo.
- With our latest XBridge update released, focus is being put back on XRouter as we move towards beta release. XRouter is an integral part of the blockchain ecosystem. Currently, blockchains are data silos similar to how computers were before the internet enable them to communicate. XRouter, just like the internet did for computers, will allow for communication between different blockchains and usher in a new era of interconnectivity. With the addition of XRouter, Blocknet’s interoperability protocol will enable the blockchain ecosystem to fully mature.
- Coin announcements 2.0 has begun! Be sure to check out the latest and most recent additions to Block DX and the Internet of Blockchains on the Blocknet Twitter, Facebook and other social media feeds. See the “coins” section below for the latest additions!
- Receive free BLOCK in the Blocknet Social media bounty campaign! Read more here.
- Blocknet’s documentation portal was recently released! Don’t forget to check it out. These resources will be undergoing progressive and iterative updates including additional content, video tutorials, written tutorials, and tools. This is part of an initiative to strengthen Blocknet’s image, help inform others about the project, and make resources more readily available. More about the plans for the documentation portal can be read in the #documentation channel in Discord.
- There is a new Blocknet blockchain explorer released by TokenView. The TokenView explorer also has multilingual support.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- Community member The Voice has produced 3 how to guides on his YouTube channel. Make sure to like and subscribe to his channel! The videos cover:
- How to upgrade the Blocknet Wallet in Linux, Install or run Qt from Command Line.
- Reindex Shortcut for Windows Shortcut
- Resync command for Windows Shortcut
- For Superblock 777600 there was a total of 471 Service Nodes, requiring a net of at least 48 votes for a proposal to pass. The results are as follows:
- Superblock 777600 Results
- hanniabu-777600: 2200 BLOCK: 77 / 0. Net: 77. Passed
- UAT-1–777600: 3010 BLOCK: 77 / 0. Net: 77. Passed
- UAT-2–777600: 3010 BLOCK: 82 / 0. Net: 82. Passed
- Blockdx-js-dev-feb: 2500 BLOCK: 74 / 0. Net: 74. Passed
- Buildserver-cost-feb: 500 BLOCK: 77 / 0. Net: 77. Passed
- marketing-cryptoved4: 1210 BLOCK: 6 / 48. Net: 0. Failed
- infinity7592-feb19: 385 BLOCK: 61 / 0. Net: 61. Passed
- michael-dev-feb-1: 3000 BLOCK: 108 / 0. Net: 108. Passed
- michael-dev-feb-2: 3000 BLOCK: 72 / 0. Net: 72. Passed
- michael-dev-feb-3: 950 BLOCK: 77 / 0. Net: 77. Passed
- sb777600-atc: 1610 BLOCK: 61 / 0. Net: 61. Passed
- Social_Philip_Feb: 210 BLOCK: 72 / 0. Net: 72. Passed
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- Coin announcements 2.0 has begun! We would like to welcome the Crypto Cash Back (CCBC) developers and community to the Internet of Blockchains and look forward to seeing CCBC traded on Block DX. Be sure to check out the CCBC page on the Blocknet Coin Hub.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 93 blockchains, all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported blockchains can be found on the Blocknet’s Coin Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the same page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 30 blockchains that are unannounced.
- 139 blockchains are in progress for error resolution + finalization.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Cryptopia / Nova
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on February 28th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / API Docs / Documentation Portal / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co