Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- The new Roadmap has been released. You can view it above, see a larger version here, and read all the details in this article. A further roadmap will also be released soon. This new roadmap will incorporate a new structure that will include larger items that extend beyond each current quarter to show long term goals. This new structure of roadmap requires a different graphical design, which is currently in progress.
- Wallet version 3.10.5 has been released. This update contains many improvements, including:
-Transaction History screen redesign, including the ability to export transaction history.
-New Submit Proposal functionality, which allows you to easily submit a proposal through the wallet’s UI via the Proposals screen.
-New Address Book screen, which allows you to manage your addresses and contacts within the wallet UI.
-Fixes for network spam, memory leaks, and RPC locking, improving the efficiency of the network and client.
-XBridge protocol enforcement and XWallets matching algorithm, which restricts orders to being handled only by Service Nodes on the same XBridge protocol version.
-Improved XWallets reporting, ensuring that the exchange wallets listed by a Service Node are actually accessible.
-XBridge configuration file hot-loading, allowing for the xbridge.conf file to be updated and reloaded via the dxLoadXBridgeConf command so that the wallet does not need to be restarted.
-Service Node selection randomization, which randomizes the Service Node that monitors an order and subsequently collects a trade fee.
-New XBridge Trade History API.
- Block DX version 0.8.0 has been released. This release includes functionality to view and post orders via BTC market pricing, a 24hr trade history chart, and UX changes to the order form for better distinction between placing buy and sell orders.
- Blocknet has been invited to a very selective European blockchain roundtable event that will bring together senior representatives of the European Commission and Members of the European Parliament to assess current EU policy, operational challenges, opportunities, and the future of blockchain. More details will be released soon.
- Blocknet has new social media banners. The focus is to put greater emphasis on interoperability and the possibilities for dApps in our messaging. The grid of blockchains below and the functionality accessible above illustrates what Blocknet is AND how it can be used!
- Blocknet was featured in the first screenshots of a new crypto-based arena shooter called CryptoBLAST. BLAST can be traded on Block DX.
- A Block DX FAQ has been published on Blocknet.co. Take a look here. This will be constantly updated.
- Crypto Tips covered Blocknet and Block DX on her YouTube channel. Check it out here.
- Crypto Zombie featured Blocknet in a top 10 video that can be seen here.
- Blocknet won the Altcoin Magazine poll for most recommended masternode!
- Coin Portals are on track to be release this month, along with a new batch of Coin announcements.
- Website / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info
- For Superblock 604800 there was a total of 442 Service Nodes, requiring a net of at least 45 votes for a proposal to pass. The results are as follows:
hanniabu-604800: 900 BLOCK: 164 / 0. Net: 164. Passed
UAT-QA-Team-604800: 810 BLOCK: 165 / 0. Net: 165. Passed
Social_Coordinator: 125 BLOCK: 163 / 0. Net: 151. Passed
marketing-cryptoved: 260 BLOCK: 156 / 5. Net: 151. Passed
MarketingLead-shane: 1325 BLOCK: 161 / 15. Net: 146. Passed
infinity7592-oct18: 385 BLOCK: 126 / 0. Net: 126. Passed
strategy-redactedman: 10 BLOCK: 135 / 5. Net: 130. Passed
michael-604800: 2825 BLOCK: 169 / 0. Net: 169. Passed
ArtDir_808_Oct18: 930 BLOCK: 162 / 1. Net: 161. Passed
single-block-reward: 10 BLOCK: 122 / 39. Net: 83. Passed
atcSB604800: 2338 BLOCK: 137 / 1. Net: 136. Passed
- The current live (and previous) votes can be viewed on block-node.info or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 92 blockchains, all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported blockchains can be found on the Blocknet’s Coin Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the same page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 28 blockchains that are unannounced.
- A constantly updated list of compatible blockchains can be found here.
- 127 blockchains are in progress for error resolution + finalization.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Cryptopia
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as we are with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on October 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info