Word on the BLOCK: 28th February
Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- The latest wallet and Block DX updates have been released! These are the most important releases to date with the launch of Block DX 1.0!
Download Blocknet Wallet 3.12.1 | Download Block DX 1.0
- PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WALLET TO VERSION 3.12.1. If you have not yet updated, then you are currently on a fork and should update as soon as possible. If you need help, drop by our Discord/Telegram support channels (//discord.gg/2e6s7H8 | t.me/Blocknet ) See this article for more information about these updates.
- Block DX will soon be made available on AWS Marketplace, offering push-button deployments of Block DX that are pre-configured and have fully synced chains for trading or running a Service Node.
- XRouter Beta is under development with a planned release slated for next month. XRouter will soon take Blocknet to new levels of blockchain interoperability. Blocknet currently supports exchange interoperability, allowing digital assets to be trustlessly exchanged in a decentralized manner using XBridge. XRouter will offer the Blocknet Protocol support for communication interoperability, allowing for different blockchains to interact in a decentralized manner via a lite client. This will enable blockchains and dApps to utilize each other’s functionalities and services, extending the utility of these assets beyond their current blockchain infrastructure. Blocknet’s utility would subsequently extend across all blockchains.
- Block DX has various items in development including right-click functionality, the ability to view additional order details, research on a memory leak, redesigned configuration process to make it even simpler, and bug fixes such as order form inputs not being registered with right-click pasting.
- Coin announcements are continuing! The regular recap of the latest tokens to be added to Block DX and the Internet of Blockchains has also resumed. You can check the latest additions in the most recent Recap here.
- Various articles are currently under review before being published including an in-depth look at the history of decentralized exchanges and a DX comparison spreadsheet.
- In conjunction with the renewed Block DX coin announcements, several new Coin Hub pages have been created on the Blocknet Coin Hub. Check them out here.
- Blocknet’s documentation portal will be updated tomorrow to include various wallet and Block DX tutorials along with additional information.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- Blocknet recently released an official statement to our community regarding the Binance and Blocknet listing situation that has been discussed across social media and was first covered on Youtube by Chico Crypto and then subsequently by Crypto Candor here, and Crypt0 here.
- The Voice is currently producing various Block DX set up and trading videos which should be published shortly. He has already produced 3 how-to guides on his YouTube channel. Make sure to like and subscribe to his channel! The videos cover:
- How to upgrade the Blocknet Wallet in Linux, Install or run Qt from Command Line.
- Reindex Shortcut for Windows Shortcut
- Resync command for Windows Shortcut
- The proposals for Superblock 820800 can now be viewed here. Voting will close on block 817920, but your node must remain active until block 820800 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- Coin announcements are continuing. We would like to welcome the Divi, Crypto Cash Back, Nix, Secure Cloud Net, and Galilel developers and communities to the internet of blockchains. We look forward to seeing DIVI, CCB, NIX, SCN and GALI traded on Block DX! Be sure to check out the most recent additions to Block DX in the token recap here. You can view the full list of over 100 tokens on the Blocknet Coin Hub.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 96 blockchains, all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported blockchains can be found on the Blocknet’s Coin Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the same page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 33 blockchains that are unannounced.
- 136 blockchains are in progress for error resolution + finalization.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Cryptopia / Nova
- We are currently in talks with new exchanges with at least one listing coming very soon.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on March 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / API Docs / Documentation Portal / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co