Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- A new Blocknet wallet release is planned for next week that includes a staking protocol upgrade and will require a hard fork (date will be announced upon release). This update comes after Blocknet in August joined a consortium of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) developers and projects to improve the PoS consensus algorithm that was inherited from PIVX and Peercoin.
- A new Block DX version will also be released along with the wallet. This release will include release notes, the ability to filter orders to view only buy orders or only sell orders, the ability to show or hide the Wallet balance (hidden by default), and various bug fixes including the TypeError popup message. If you would like to help with testing this feature along other updates, visit the #blockdx-testing channel in Discord.
- Migration to the Bitcoin v18 codebase is still in progress. Staking has been integrated and the governance system updates are nearly complete, which is a large portion of the migration. Then there’s XRouter, XBridge, and wallet integration.
- Block DX was mentioned in an article about Litecoin. Even better is the fact that the accurate figure for LTC trades is way higher than reported in the article. The actual figure was 34k LTC trades! Check out the article here.
- Arlyn recently attended EthBerlin. It was very productive in terms of discussions and contacts:
- Arlyn gave a presentation on the interchain and XRouter. A video of which is forthcoming.
- He also chaired a panel on the interchain. This panel debate included founders from Cosmos, Polkadot, POA, and Matt Luongo from Keep and the CrossChain Group and of course the Blocknet. This was an opportunity to (a) build relationships with key people, (b) aim to build a common understanding of the interchain that avoids centralization around one blockchain, and © to cement the Blocknet’s standing alongside other “interoperability” projects.
- Arlyn also participated in a whiteboard session on tBTC, which is possibly the most significant development in the #DeFi space right now. Check out this short clip. A full video will be released in due course.
- A promising London-based business development contact was made that Arlyn is working with to identify use-cases for his contacts, along with Mastermind.
- Contact was made with a journalist from The Block, a serious, premium investigative crypto journalism site. He is writing a series on the interchain in October, and will be consulting with Arlyn on this topic.
- In addition there were many other conversations where XRouter was pitched as the “decentralized Infura”. Over the coming weeks, all these conversations and contacts will be followed up and they will hopefully bear some fruit.
- The Voice is currently working on a new addnodes video explaining how to manually add peers.
- The latest article is now available on our blog: https://blocknet.co/xrouter-the-biggest-advancement-since-ethereum/
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- A Blocknet API Discord Bot has been created! Head over to #api-sandbox in the Blocknet Discord to test out XRouter and XCloud API commands without needing the Blocknet client installed. Begin by typing !help.
- Lucien has made some updates to the service explorer he is developing including improved search (including autocomplete), better error handling, and fixed the Service Node List links. Next up he plans to work on restyling the interface and add an XRouter sandbox. You can follow his progress in the Discord #service-explorer channel and check out the Github repo.
- Do you want to help this effort and spread the word about Blocknet? The Blocknet Crew channel is a private channel for invited members who have exhibited interest in positively engaging with outside communities on any social media. Blocknet Crew members are community members who are willing to step out and be involved, speaking from the point of view on the benefits of Blocknet and its various protocols. Anyone interested in working together to promote Blocknet in outside social media forms is welcome to speak to @TheVoice and find what the expectations of being a member are. Why Join Blocknet Crew? Find out here: http://bit.ly/33MmaMa
- The proposals for Superblock 1080000 can now be viewed here or on the forum here. Voting will close on block 1077120, but your node must remain active until block 1080000 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- BLOCK has been listed at the Altilly Exchange after winning a poll. BLOCK can now be traded on Altilly. This means a new exchange is available for US customers! There are markets for BTC, ETH, USDT, and XQR. Get trading now! https://www.altilly.com/market
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 117 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / Nova
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on September 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co