Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Block DX version 1.1.0 is now available! This release includes simplified configuration setup, improved memory and performance, context menus to view order details, order book increased to 250 orders, and various bug fixes. You can read the full details in our blog post. Block DX 1.1.0 Download | Blocknet Wallet 3.13.1 Download
- An XCloud service has been created to allow SMS messages to be sent via XRouter! Test it out and send yourself an SMS message! You can view instructions on it’s usage on the Blocknet Forum and API documentation for XRouter and XCloud can be found here.
- EOS and ETH environments are being staged to provide direct XCloud and XRouter testing environments for developers and users in those respective communities.
- The Blocknet Bootstrap has been updated to May 30, 2019 (block 941557).
- Youtuber Chico Crypto published a great video on Blocknet that takes a look at XRouter, Block DX and more. Watch it here.
- A number of new videos will be released on Youtube over the next couple of weeks covering XRouter, Block DX and Blocknet in general.
- Arlyn Culwick, Blocknet’s Co-Founder, has been scheduled to appear on the the BlockCrunch podcast.
- Blocknet was recognised by the German Federal Government (BMVI) as the first example of “a concrete technology for communication between blockchains” in their report: Chances and Challenges of DLT (Blockchain) in Mobility and Logistics. You can read it here if you understand German.
- A new article that explains the differences between an Internet of Blockchains and an Intranet of Blockchains is being worked on.
- Facebook marketing has begun. On 27 May, we boosted our most viral post (Chico Crypto’s video review) in order to test the effectiveness of Facebook marketing. We used 1/10th of a cursory budget of $500, drawn from community funds, to do so. If the approach has a good budget:views ratio, we will push suitable content on a larger budget. If the success is limited, we will test other strategies on Facebook until one works well.
- A new marketing budget plan has been created to enable marketing to continue at a steady and regular pace.
- A new forum category has been created for XCloud services. This is great for discovering services, learning more about each service, and finding instructions on how to interact with the service. Check it out here.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- The proposals for Superblock 950400 can be viewed on the new proposal forum here or in summary here. Voting will close on block 947520, but your node must remain active until block 950400 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- BLOCK markets have been reopened after briefly being closed due to network instability following a spork activation.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 110 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 24 integrations that are unannounced.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Nova
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on June 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / API Docs / Documentation Portal / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co