Word on the BLOCK: 30th November 2019
Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Wallet version 3.14.1 has been released! Full details on this update can be read here. Note: This is a mandatory update for everyone for the transition to the v4.0.0 release in the coming weeks.
- Wallet version 4.0.0 is being wrapped up. We are currently creating documentation and performing testing of the new features and changes. You can see progress here.
- Block DX version 1.5.0 has been released! It includes the ability to clear cancelled orders from the Inactive Orders panel with a “Clear Inactive” button, an Active/Inactive Orders tooltip with details on each order status, BTC pricing enabled by default for new users to make pricing more intuitive from the start, and a bug fix for an error when automatically downloading new configuration files due to a change in file types. Download here.
- Block DX version 1.6.0 is under development. This will include dxGetNewTokenAddress integration and localization support.
- A new roadmap and format is currently under development. The new roadmap will offer a layout that’s easier to follow and feature all completed milestones, many more upcoming items, and in-progress items to provide more context into past accomplishments and future goals. There are many exciting milestones still ahead and Blocknet will continue breaking new ground in 2020.
- A new article has been published on Hackernoon covering the Blocknet Protocol. Take a look here.
- Check out this interview with Blocknet community member @TheVoice on the Cigars & Crypto podcast where they discuss Blocknet, Divi & Interoperability and how to make a difference to your crypto community. Listen here.
- The Blocknet crew continues to shout about Blocknet from the social media rooftops! Be sure to follow the various Blocknet associated Twitter accounts so you can retweet, like, and share: Blocknet, Block DX, XCloud, XRouter. If you want to help this effort and spread the word about Blocknet then you can find out about the Blocknet Crew by speaking to @TheVoice in our Discord and find out what the expectations of being a member are. Why Join Blocknet Crew? Find out here: http://bit.ly/33MmaMa
- Our new Block DX website is now live! This website will serve as a dedicated Block DX product page and informational source so the exchange can continue to grow as a product. We plan to continue to improve the website with learning material, tutorials, developer information, and other supplementary content. We’re looking forward to seeing where the website will be shared! Take a look: https://blockdx.com/
- XRouter ETH and EOS guides will be developed. These guides will show Service Nodes how to properly setup and configure their ETH and EOS for XRouter support without needing to comb through all their documentation, which is often out of date and doesn’t list or explain all the configuration settings.
- New API documentation for XRouter services is being developed. This documentation will demonstrate how to interact with the services via CLI and HTTP and provide usage instructions with parameters, example requests, and example responses. The documentation will be available on Github so that any Service Node operator can create a PR request to include their services.
- A new plugins repo will be created to accompany the new services API documentation so that Service Nodes can share their services amongst each other. This will help decentralize the services by having more Service Nodes supporting the same calls and provide examples for how to create your own custom services.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- The proposals for Superblock 1209600 can now be viewed here. Voting will close on block 1206720, but your node must remain active until block 1209600 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- We are happy to announce BLOCK can now be traded on VCC Exchange. All users (including the USA) can access and use VCC without KYC (2 BTC/day withdraw limits) or can choose to be verified and submit KYC for higher limits. VCC exchange utilizes Bittrex’s order book and trading engine, so any orders posted to Bittrex are also available on VCC exchange. Trade at VCC here.
- VCC Exchange’s BLOCK/BTC market has been verified and added to our CMC page along with the addition of the Altilly BLOCK/BTC market:
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 125 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex Global / CryptoBridge / UPbit / Altilly / VCC / View all exchanges
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
- CoinExchange is also closing. Be sure to withdraw your funds before December 1st
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on December 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co