Word on the BLOCK: 30th September 2019
Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- On September 23rd the staking protocol upgrade hard fork successfully took place. If you have not yet updated to wallet version 3.14.0, please do so as soon as possible and follow the bootstrap guide instructions to get back onto the main chain. Read additional details here.
- Migration to the new BTC v18 base chain is ongoing. Staking, governance, and XBridge integration is complete. XRouter integration is in progress and is expected to be completed shortly. The new codebase will make the network more efficient, scalable, and secure and will also include a move to on-chain governance (with proposal voting recorded directly on-chain), a single tier block reward, and allow support for enterprise customers as we head towards the XRouter 1.0 release.
- A simple web UI to query XRouter services has been set up. Currently only calls that do not take parameters are working. You can check it out here: https://data.blocknet.co/xrservices.
- The next iteration of Block DX will include custom data directory persistence, the ability to clear inactive orders, and an active/inactive orders tooltip. All three of these items are part of our effort to make Block DX more user friendly. In addition to these items, we will be exploring a bug pertaining to loading the latest configuration files on the fly and then starting work on localization support so that Block DX is accessible in various languages to users around the world. If you would like to help with testing this feature along other updates, visit the #blockdx-testing channel in Discord.
- A new interview with Brendon from the ChorusOne Podcast with Aryln has been recorded and is due to be released soon.
- The voice has uploaded a new video to the Blocknet YouTube channel on how to add nodes. Check it out here.
- A new marketing flow is being initiated to drastically ramp up our news flow and social media presence across all platforms.
- Development of the Block DX site is ongoing. This site will feature the benefits of the exchange, download links, setup guides, troubleshooting help, and more.
- A fork management guide has been created which explains what a fork is, how to determine if you are on a fork, and what to do to resolve this.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- The proposals for Superblock 1123200 can now be viewed here. Voting will close on block 1120320, but your node must remain active until block 1123200 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 117 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / Altilly / View all exchanges
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
- Nova Exchange will be closing on October 25th. Please be sure to withdraw your funds before this date. More details here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on October 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —
Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co