How much attention do we pay to the billboard advertising and if so, does it convince us to make a purchase?
The study showed that
- 71% of us often look at the messages on roadside billboards (traditional and digital combined)
- and more than one-third (37%) report looking at an outdoor ad each or most of the time they pass one.
As to exactly what information we are gleaning from a billboard varies as according to the study more than half of billboard viewers aged 18 or older have…
- Learned about an event they were interested in attending (58%)
- Learned about a restaurant they later visited (58%)
- Talked about something funny they saw (56%) on a roadside billboard
- Been reminded to tune into a TV program (33%) or a radio station (44%)
- Noted a phone number (26%) or Web site address (28%) written on an outdoor billboard