1. Have a peek at our guidelines:
What to avoid
- Already-published stories: we accept original work only.
- Clickbait headlines: e.g “These 3 things will change your life”.
- Heavy self-promotion: talking about your business or accomplishments is OK but don’t let it be in an unsavory way
Topics we’re interested in
- Arts and Literature: whether it’s a critical examination of Drake’s newest music video or a humorous inspection of 16th century art we want your unique perspective on what’s behind the content we consume
- Business and Technology: whether you’re an entrepreneur or an avid tweeter, we want your perspective on what’s driving the landscape of commerce
- Religion and Language: whether you’re a Muslim from Queens or a Christian from South Africa, we want your perspective on how religion and language is shaping popular culture
- Politics: whether you’re a former congresswoman or someone who’s never voted, we want your perspective on how the state of politics is affecting our everyday realities
2. We Pay Writers
We know it’s not much, but we believe quality writing should be paid for up front. So we pay writers 10–20 cents per word up to 500 words. If we select your story for our publication we will process payments through venmo.
3. Please fill out the form below:
- We reserve the right to edit photographs and copy where necessary**
Thank you in advance and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to the blop culture team here: email@example.com
The Blop Culture Team