Calling All Product People — let’s solve national security problems!
Are you solving problems that matter? Would you like to?
The Lean Startup meets National Security:
Imagine the Innovator’s Dilemma on steroids. At a global scale. Hacking the world’s toughest challenges isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes spirit, creativity, courage, resilience, and an ability to rapidly build teams that can operate together with a single-minded focus to achieve change. This is especially true when you solve problems for the largest organization on earth.
Fortunately, BMNT was built to address this challenge. We have designed a platform that will bring together just these kinds of people and organizations. It’s the ultimate MacGyver community.
Why does BMNT exist?
Because our world is changing at record speed (and the rate of change itself is accelerating). That creates opportunities for bad people to do bad things.
At Hacking For Defense, we apply the problem solving methodologies of Silicon Valley — the place where grappling with rapid technological change is a native function — to tackle the gnarliest problems facing national security organizations.
These problems require a new cast of problem-solvers. People who are:
- Early adopters
- Thrive in uncertain & ambiguous environments
- Understand the intersection of design, engineering, and business
- Can lead a Design Sprint
- Can generate consensus with disparate groups
Does this sound like you?
If so, we’d love to chat. Get in touch with us by filling out this quick form https://bmntpartners.typeform.com/to/zsZLnW
- A quick bio
- The top 3 Books/Articles you read this year
- Your LinkedIn URL
What’s in it for you?
- Dive into national security problems traditionally closed to outsiders
- Run lean experiments applied to national security
- Work with innovation leaders such as Col. Pete Newell, Steve Blank, and Alex Osterwilder
- Shape the innovation process for DoD
Here are some recent examples of problems we’re currently working on:
- Roadside bomb detection through augmented reality
- A filesharing network for Makers to improve rapid prototyping in the Marine Corps
- A control center dashboard for the Air Force’s new Multi-Domain Operations Center
About Hacking For Defense at BMNT:
Hacking for Defense combines the rapid problem sourcing and curation practices developed on the battlefields in Afghanistan and Iraq by Colonel Pete Newell and the US Army’s Rapid Equipping Force, with Steve Blank’s Lean Startup methodology.