Fallout: New Vegas sequel is reportedly being discussed
This story about hopeful rumours, boiled down, in 1:45 minutes.
What’s the fuss?
Sequels are commonplace in gaming, but you simply can’t turn a blind eye when a potential sequel to one of the best games of all time from the last 2 decades might become a reality.
The Fallout franchise is synonymous with the role-playing video game itself, masterfully putting players in a post-apocalyptic America where they must survive and make meaningful choices that has lasting consequences.
- The series is incredibly popular, having sold 20+ million copies over 6 mainline games from 1997 to 2018.
- 2010’s Fallout: New Vegas is widely considered to be the best in the series due to its superior storytelling, open-world setting, and moral ambiguity.
- These claims were sourced from a reputable gaming reporter and have not been officially verified.
- Don’t hold your breath — if this news becomes reality, it would be “years and years away” until we would get a release.
Boiling it down
- In 2010, the developer Bethesda Studios (who owns the Fallout IP) temporarily gave the reins to Obsidian Entertainment to make Fallout: New Vegas.
- Despite not being made by Bethesda, Fallout: New Vegas is rated higher than any Bethesda-made Fallout game by the players.
- Simply put, Microsoft owns both the Fallout IP and the developers of Fallout: New Vegas.
- It’s no surprise Microsoft would want a sequel, since it would appease fans and thus be a safe financial return.