Grand Theft Auto 6 is officially on the way
This story about big announcements, boiled down, in 1:11 minutes.
What’s the fuss?
Something that we thought we wouldn’t be alive to see is actually happening — the mythical next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is officially on its way! It means a lot to more than just gamers.
- The franchise is beloved for its immersive, realistic world that allows the player to do almost anything, but is also steeped in controversy for its adult nature and abundance of violence.
- Historically, we have gotten a new GTA title around every 3 years, but we’ve been waiting almost 8 years for Grand Theft Auto 6.
- Other than the fact they say that the sequel is “well-underway”, the developer remains tight-lipped on any other details.
- No specific release date was announced, but leaks have cited a potential release sometime in 2025.
Boiling it down
Grand Theft Auto Online, Grand Theft Auto 5’s online mode, is the reason why we haven’t seen a new title in the franchise for so long.
- The online mode is what makes the big bucks via microtransactions, so the developers have favoured supporting the mode over developing a new entry entirely.
- Gamers are desperate for a new story experience, which is why many have decided to create their own.
Not only are gamers happy, but investors as well.