GTA V is getting story DLC for the first time, kind of
This story about pseudo single-player experiences, boiled down, in 1:12 minutes.
What’s the fuss?
The most successful entertainment property of all time is getting an expansion to its critically acclaimed story. Fans have been patiently waiting for this, albeit not exactly the way many pictured it.
Grand Theft Auto 5, the latest in the storied Grand Theft Auto franchise, has stood the test of time as being one of the most immersive video games ever made.
- Despite being over 8 years old, the game still remains among the highest played games to this day thanks to GTA Online — its online mode.
- Unlike its beloved prequel, GTA 5 has not released any new content that expands on the game’s single player story mode and has only focused on developing multiplayer content.
Grand Theft Auto 5 will finally be getting story-driven downloadable content (DLC), kind of.
- The DLC will be set years after the game’s single-player story mode and will focus on only 1 out of the 3 main protagonists, the fan favourite Franklin, as he legitimizes himself as a businessman.
- The kicker is that the DLC will only be playable in GTA Online, where players will work directly with Franklin alongside returning and new characters, such as Dr. Dre himself.
Boiling it down
- Because gamers have such fond memories of GTA’s single player DLCs, they’ve lamented how little further development has gone into GTA 5’s story.
- Fan response from the announcement has been largely positive, however this might be because something is better than nothing.
Many players would prefer the DLC to not be online-only…