The Master Chief’s face will be revealed after 20 years
This story about controversial decision, boiled down, in 1:17 minutes.
What’s the fuss?
The protagonist of the longstanding sci-fi shooter franchise Halo will take his helmet off for the first time. Does he need to?
- Players have grown to love the Master Chief and his heroics, embodying him over 6 mainline games.
- The legacy of Halo has caught Hollywood’s attention with a big-budget TV show based on the franchise coming out later this year.
Many are praising the show for how good it looks, but it has also brought a lot of controversy as well.
- From the show straying away from canon to the looks of certain characters, the most shocking news came when it was revealed that the Master Chief will show his face for the first time.
- Although some can’t wait to see what lies under the helmet, others are lukewarm about the prospect of breaking a 20+ year tradition.
Boiling it down
Players are so connected with Master Chief because literally anyone can be behind the helmet.
- Without a distinctive face, players can easily put themselves in Master Chief’s shoes which is why so many are attached to the character.
- Removing the helmet is a big risk to the Halo franchise as a whole with the chance of alienating Halo purists.
This isn’t Halo’s first foray into other forms of media.