The BOLT Business Performance (Q2 2019) Report rounds up strategic developments and results per quarter within the BOLT ecosystem. We also aim to provide a view on the focus areas that BOLT will be working on in the next quarter.
Following the completion of Quarter 2 of 2019, the BOLT Team is pleased to report the following headline financial data:
Operating Revenue : USD 3,450,000
Gross Profit Margin (%) : 46.5%
Operating Net Profit : USD 483,000
Net Profit Margin (%) : 14%
Operating revenue has increased this quarter compared to Q1 2019 (USD 3.1M in Q1 vs USD 3.45M in Q2).
The results have been on the basis of transaction revenues from telco transactions on the legacy platform.
Key Q2 Milestones and Updates:
BOLT+ — Content, User Growth, and Development!
The following data is indicative of the success the BOLT Team have had in building user engagement and growing our collective user base through cross-marketing and unique content opportunities.
We have been constantly evolving the way users consume and engage with our numerous BOLT properties across the spectrum. Here is a sample distribution of what was done for the Cricket World Cup this Summer.
We are also making significant investment in expanding the depth and breadth of coverage in BOLT Originals, which will allow us to expand the timeliness and relevance of our curated content to BOLT+ users.
We have also on-boarded 30 new Live TV channels which have been optimised to stream on mobile, even on 2G connection speeds (90kb/s) for emerging markets. Now, watching live TV on the go is easier than before, thanks to BOLT+!
We have also provided extensive coverage of multiple sporting events this Summer, including Copa America, Africa Cup of Nations, the Cricket World Cup, FIFA Women’s World Cup, and Tour de France.
We have also included several high profile partnerships with Helo (TikTok), which has access to over 60M users in India, Payfo, which has over 26M users in ASEAN, XendPay, a financial services company which was founded by the Deputy Mayor of London, and Vodi, which has over 3M users around the world.
BOLT Token — Integrations, Partnerships, and Listings!
We had a very busy quarter with our first full quarter being listed on the open market, starting with Bitmax and Switcheo.
Today, we have been officially listed on Bitmax, KuCoin, and Binance DEX, and we are migrating our entire ERC-20 supply onto the Binance Chain (BEP-2) standard. We have also inked a new partnership with ThorChain as an inaugural launch partner, with staking of BOLT available through the BEPSwap platform.
The BOLT token is now available to trade across multiple trading pairs, including BOLT/BTC, BOLT/ETH, BOLT/USDT, BOLT/BNB and BOLT/BTCB.
Other summary of updates:
- BNBeer Twitter Campaign
- BOLT Token Swap on Binance.com
- PayFo Partnership — connecting 26 Million user across Asia
- Saying “Helo”! to new partners — Helo (TikTok) and Vodi
- XendPay — and Connecting the Developing World
We have several milestones ahead this quarter across development, the interoperability of our token ecosystem, and developing new sponsorship models with our pipeline of brands and content creators.
- Completing our interoperable token ecosystem offering. Our modular smart contract system on Zilliqa has also been finalised and pending final integration before the release into the BOLT ecosystem.
- Release of our next application. Stay tuned for our next payments/marketplace focused app!
- Exploring new sponsorship/revenue models. We will be looking at expanding token utility within this pivotal business ecosystem.
- Developing strategic IP around our content offering. We will be enhancing the quality and strength of our BOLT Originals offering. Creating our own content IP will increase the strength of our financial balance sheet.
- More partnerships, more growth. We will also be looking to expand on current partnerships and signing on new partners which will be strategic to the growth and value of the BOLT ecosystem.
Thanks for being with us on this journey everyone — to BOLT!
Thanks for reading! Join us on Telegram to participate in discussions on how we can make BOLT a movement we can be proud of. Drop us a note at enquiry [at] bolt.global for suggestions on what you would like to read next.