As of today, blockchain projects in any phase or size can apply to the Blockzero Accelerator by filling out this application. Once three projects are approved into the first cohort, a three-week accelerator program will begin.
The goal of the Accelerator is to help blockchain projects increase industry awareness, grow their community, and hit targetted KPI goals like Total Value Locked or Daily Active Users. Each project receives:
- Advisory: Five office hours to the Blockzero Advisory Network
- Awareness: Introduced to over 8000 Blockzero Citizens
- Engagement: Blockzero to host a custom Mental Mining Campaign
- Incentives: Up to $100,000 in XIO Yield Swaps for KPI specific campaigns
- Interview: Around the Block Video + Podcast hosted by Lea Thompson
To align the long-term incentives between Blockzero and participating projects, Blockzero to provide up to $100,000 of XIO Yield Swaps.
In the final week of the Accelerator, Citizens will be able to stake their XIO tokens into the Vortex and simultaneously earn yield from all the participating projects.
Our goal is to host multiple cohorts per year while doubling the number of projects in each batch. Anyone who refers a project to the Accelerator that gets accepted will earn $2000 in XIO tokens.
Livestream to discuss Accelerator will be hosted by Zachary Dash at 4pm UTC on Friday, May 28th.
UMA Protocol Case Study
Two months ago, the UMA protocol joined as the pilot project to the Blockzero Accelerator. Together, we identified three main goals that the UMA project was looking to achieve and created a custom game plan around them.
During this time, we learned how valuable this same process could be for other projects looking to grow their communities, increase engagement, and onboard users in unique/organic ways.
Today we are opening up applications for our first cohort of three blockchain projects. Projects can be in any phase. The only requirement is that the project must have a native token.
Three Weeks of Acceleration
One week before the launch, each project will meet with the Blockzero Council to customize a unique game plan that meets their specific goals for the Accelerator.
During this time, projects receive five office hours to the Blockzero Advisory Network to be used at any time in the future. The advisory can range from meetings with blockchain founders from industry-leading projects to one-on-one meetings with Web3 investors.
We are still in the early stages of building out the Advisory network. If you would like to be an Advisor and receive XIO tokens in the process, please reach out here.
Week One: Awareness
On the first day, a Medium article will be released that announces each of the projects in the Accelerator. The article will be distributed across all Blockzero channels including social, SMS, and emails to over 8000 Blockzero Citizens.
Additionally, each project in the Accelerator is required to share the announcement with their own native communities and audiences.
The goal of Week One is to provide a surge of new eyeballs and potential community members to each project through mass-scale cross-marketing efforts.
Week Two: Engagement
- Stani Kulechov (Founder of Aave)
- Hart Lambur (Founder of UMA)
- Nick Johnson (Founder of ENS)
- Fernando Martinelli (Founder of Balancer) Unreleased
- Many more you can check out here!
Each interview will focus on the story of the project, how the technology works, and the overall vision for the project moving forward.
Directly after the interview, Blockzero will help each project perform a Mental Mining Campaign. The goal of this campaign is to generate high-quality discussions around each project that empower individuals to engage with and understand the project at a deeper level.
Here is one of many examples of MM Campaigns we have done with our own community.
Marketing Idea: KPI Droptions?
Marketing Idea: KPI Option token based on how many people claim their KPI Option token. Process: We distribute…
Week Three: Onboard
Week three is when the magic happens. Each project receives up to $100k of XIO Yield Swaps.
What are XIO Yield Swaps?
The purpose of XIO Yield Swaps is to incentivize and onboard users into the native ecosystems of each project based on pre-determined KPI strategies.
Projects who are accepted to the Accelerator are required to deposit a portion of their native tokens into the Blockzero Vortex. These deposits turn into yield opportunities for XIO holders.
Essentially — an XIO Yield Swap offers projects the ability to swap yield generating opportunities with Blockzero.
XIO Yield Swap Example #1: Increase Liquidity
- Project ABC decides their main goal is to increase the liquidity of their native token
- To accomplish this, Project ABC makes an ETH/ABC token on Uniswap and decides this is their primary KPI
- ETH/ABC liquidity providers can stake their LP tokens and earn up to $100k of XIO tokens over the course of a year
XIO Yield Swap Example #2: Increase DAU
- Project ABC decides their main goal is to increase the Daily Active Users of their protocol
- To accomplish this, Project ABC gives a dauABC token to users who engage on their platform over the course of 30 days
- dauABC token holders can stake their tokens and earn up to $100k of XIO tokens over the course of a year
XIO Yield Swap Example #3: Increase TVL
- Project ABC decides their main goal is to increase the TVL of their protocol
- When individuals increase the TVL of the protocol, they receive tvlABC tokens in return
- tvlABC token holders can stake their tokens and earn up to $100k of XIO tokens
XIO Yield Swap Example #4: Increase Utility
- Project ABC decides their main goal is to increase the utility of their native token
- ABC token holders can stake their tokens and earn up to $100k of XIO tokens over the course of a year
XIO Yield Swap Example #5: Raise Capital
- Project ABC decides their main goal is to raise capital for the project
- Project ABC team members create teamABC token
- teamABC token holders can stake their tokens and earn up to $100k of XIO tokens over the course of a year
In each of the examples, the project sets its own custom KPI strategy and uses XIO Yield Swaps to incentivize users to hit these goals.
What does this mean for XIO holders and Citizens?
In the final week of the Accelerator, Citizens can stake their XIO and begin earning tokens from all three projects.
While we are starting off with a three-project cohort, our goal is to double the number of projects in each Accelerator and perform multiple batches per year.
Here is an example of what we aim to do:
- First Cohort One: 3 Projects
- Second Cohort: 6 Projects
- Third Cohort: 12 Projects
- Fourth Cohort: 24 Projects
To reach these goals, we need help from you, the Citizens. Accelerators will not start until each cohort is filled. If you refer a project who gets accepted into the Accelerator, you will earn $2000 of XIO tokens.
If you would like to apply to the Blockzero Accelerator, fill out this Application. If you have any questions, a live stream to discuss Accelerator will be hosted by Zachary Dash at 4 pm UTC on Friday, May 28th.