Join Our Team:
Boost VC is currently seeking a Program Manager who is an operational powerhouse, organized, reliable and can manage multiple projects at one time. This is a fun, full-time role in San Mateo, CA reporting to Maddie Callander, VP Accelerator & Portfolio. Our Boost VC founders come first and we’re here to provide the tools, resources and community founders need to win in the long run.
Programming & Event Management:
- Book venues, brainstorm content, speaker outreach + manage all coordination and details for events
- Manage any event marketing + communication with our network about upcoming events and programs
- Grow ecosystem of speakers, mentors, VCs and corporate partners to bring more value to the program + manage and segment invite lists
- Collect feedback and develop an evaluation process to assess program/event strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Facilitate event project management and hold team accountable to actions in support your events running smoothly.
Cultivate Community through Content:
- Coordinate a monthly newsletter / social media updates
- Strategy and Guest booking for The Boost VC Podcast
This role will include strategy & execution for:
- Bi-annual 3-month Accelerator Program: Speakers / Webinars, Office Hours, Mentor Programs, Demo Days
- Portfolio programming: Speakers / Webinars, Office Hours, Founder Summits
- Investor Events: Bi-Monthly Breakfasts & Dinners, Annual Meetings
- Marketing Events: Meetups & Outreach Events, Public Speaking Opportunities.
- Minimum 1–2 years of event planning / programming, project management, or marketing/communications — other relevant work experience at a startup, accelerator or venture fund
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program
- Familiarity with GSuite, Airtable, Asana, Slack, MailChimp and Canva + (Bonus: HTML and design skills)
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills — we like lists and Airtable, and hope you do too
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly independent and self-directed work ethic
- Desire to work in a dynamic small-firm environment
- Curious about Sci-Fi tech & a desire to meaningfully support founders
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
When I joined in 2015, we had less than 90 portfolio companies and our focus was on building a great accelerator program. Twelve Tribes later, we have an an awesome bi-annual accelerator program, an incredible community of more than 280 portfolio companies, and a founder network of 500+ from over 30 countries. We are proud of all that we’ve accomplished as a small and nimble team, punching above our weight class, and building a trusted brand in the crypto, virtual reality and Sci-Fi tech sectors.
280 portfolio companies, founder network of 500+ from over 30 countries
As our large and geographically dispersed portfolio continues to grow, we are excited to grow with it. We are embarking on the next phase of our journey as an emerging VC firm, building out the team, tools and network to support our portfolio and programming. To keep up with our growing community, we need scrappy, driven, and self-motivated team members to join us on this journey. We’re a small team with a long to-do list and big, imaginative goals. If you’re passionate about execution, supporting founders, and building community — then this role is for you.
Who are we?
Sci-Fi Futurists — Super Smash Players — Lakers Fan (!?) — Closet VR Gamers — Vegan(s), some depends on time of day — Tennis Player — Comic Book Collector — Musical Goers — Library Card Toters — Burrito Lovers — Crypto HODLers & BUIDLers — Hula Dancer — Bad Selfie Takers — Muggles that are still waiting for their acceptance letter to Hogwarts — Pretend Golfers — Awesome Parents to 3.5 kiddos and a plant — Bucket List Builders — Inspired by Cockroaches — & we definitely own more Orange Clothes than the average VC firm.
Are you interested or know someone who might be? Please complete this application and we’ll be in touch!