Here are Community Updates of BOSAGORA for August 2019.
Please see below for detail relating to technical development, business development & marketing and finance departments.
Now that August is done with we can finally share with you guys everything that we’ve been working on. The development team is currently around 80% complete with the Full Node portion of AGORA development and is currently planning future work to be tackled once Full Node development has been completed. During August the team pushed 172 commits to all branches and made 80 Pull Requests.
Core Development in August:
Last month we had 86 pull-requests. Of which:
- 6 opened
- 83 merged
- 11 closed
- Continuous Integration
- Add the ability to build with Alpine Linux
- Monetary amount handling using a dedicated type
- Memory Map block files
- Implement an index file for fast block file lookup
- Implement a checksum for disk load of block files
- Update libsodiumd to v1.0.18
- Add timeout on network operations
- Transaction pool persistence
- Blockchain data serialization
Developer Community News:
In August we organized a Dlang developer meetup at our office in Seoul. We plan on hosting these Dlang meetups on a regular basis to not only share what we’ve been working on with our global community but to also share our love for the language. During the meetup, our CTO Mathias Lang went over a high-level overview of what can be done with Dlang followed by a hands-on exercise for attendees. Make sure to follow us on Telegram to stay up to date on all of our latest developments.
Business Development & Marketing Update
In August, there were many activities in business development and marketing. Our BOA token was registered on a number of global coin ranking sites and we communicated actively with holders through live AMA. In addition, we are making a lot of efforts for partnership and exchange listing.
Global Business Development
We are currently discussing listing with a number of global exchanges to raise the value of BOA token and build a win-win relationship. We will update you any developments in connection with this.
Besides registration on Coinmarketcap
BOA token is now listed on the global coin ranking sites including Coinmarketcap, CoinGecko, and Coinpaprika. In addition, the registration on Delta and Blockfolio, which provide global cryptocurrency portfolio services, make it easier to verify the value of BOA tokens and to manage them as cryptocurrency assets.
Live AMA was conducted for more active communication. In the form of receiving real-time questions from BOSAGORA’s Korean and English telegram chat rooms, we were asked various questions spanning policy, development, marketing, business development, and issues. All questions asked were answered directly by Inhwan Kim(BPF president), Munsu Lee(BPF Korea CEO), Sanghoon Lee(BPF Korea CMO), Mathias(BPF Korea CTO).
First of all, we disclosed everything about BOSAGORA project transparently through July community update. Recently, after the live AMA, all the questions and answers from the Korean and English telegram rooms were compiled and shared through BOSAGORA Medium.With PEOPLE in BOSAGORA, four talented and passionate team members were introduced to the community.
- PEOPLE in BOSAGORA 07: Brian Palaggi, Development Team: https://bit.ly/2YvEudB
- PEOPLE in BOSAGORA 08: Sanghoon Lee, CMO: https://bit.ly/2TtNDOb
- PEOPLE in BOSAGORA 09: Mukeun Kim, Development Team: https://bit.ly/2kr4XGe
- PEOPLE in BOSAGORA 10: Doyoon Kim, Marketing Team: https://bit.ly/2lv8bcd
And Full KYC which requires addition of residence authentication was introduced, to allow safer and more accurate airdrops.
In addition, supplementation of vision and white paper to systematically reinforce project fundamentals, website renovation to provide more energetic information, discussion on a partnership to strengthen congress function of BOSAGORA, planning community vitalization and setting up systematic PR plan, etc., are all underway in parallel. We will inform you if any achievement is made. Your warm attention and support will be our driving force for the project.
Here is a detailed look at expenses accrued for BOSAGORA for the month of August. To understand the attached document better, here is an explanation for each entry.
- Salary: Salaries for 23 full-time employees.
- Tax: Total of income tax and 4 major insurances (Korea specific)
- Reserves for Retirement Allowance: Provision for advanced payment to be paid when employees retire (Korea specific)
- Employee benefits: Members’ meal plans, snacks, team outings, etc.
- Hardware: PC and other necessary equipment purchasing expenditures for new entrant.
- Operating: AWS (Amazon Web Services) and groupware (collaboration tools) cost, marketing cost, business trips and related meetings, stipends, VAT and other relevant operational expenditures.
- Rent expenses: Office rental
- Commission: Translation, administrative and taxation outsourcing service fees.
- Professional fee: Intellectual properties (BOSAGORA, etc.) registration, accountants, legal services and other professional services fees.
- Administrative expenses: Others
Please join our communication channels as follows!