One of the fastest growing concepts in the current economy is a car rental service that allows vehicle owners to charge a daily rate in exchange to rent their personal vehicle. Car sharing through companies like Turo and Hyrecar has quickly grown into a new industry, providing a convenient marketplace for tourists and ride share operators to quickly find and rent vehicles beyond the typical offerings of a traditional rental car company.
One of the first concerns for those looking to lease their car to someone else is how their vehicle will be driven during that time. Car sharing companies typically cover insurance and other incident related expenses, but they won’t report overall driving habits to vehicle owners, which is where Bouncie can help.
Car owners looking to keep tabs on their vehicles while they are rented out can make sure their rides are being properly driven. With Bouncie they can enable driving habit alerts and use the app throughout the day to check-in on their customers. Here are just a few sample settings that can make your car sharing experience even easier:
- Location — You can check your vehicle’s current location at anytime and make sure rules like “no off roading” or “no driving outside of the city” are followed.
- Speed — Bouncie offers two speed related alerts. The first is hard acceleration which can tell you whether someone is driving aggressively or racing other vehicles. The second is max speed giving you crucial insight into whether someone is driving at an excessive speed. Each trip can be viewed with speed bands, showing speeds reached during a trip and allowing you to see anyone consistently driving over the limit.
- Braking — Hard braking puts a lot of stress on your car and you’ll want to avoid renting to drivers who don’t practice good driving habits. Our alerts will signal each hard braking event and where it occurred.
- Fuel — Make sure that when a vehicle is returned that it has the proper amount of fuel (available for most makes/models).
- Mileage — Quickly identify potential overages and keep track of daily totals.
- Geo-Circles — If you require the vehicle to be parked/returned in a specific area, you can get notifications when a vehicle enters or leaves that area.
- Multiple Vehicles — If you’re renting out multiple vehicles, you can use Bouncie to monitor them and quickly toggle between them in the app.
Car sharing is quickly becoming a new way for vehicle owners to make extra money, and Bouncie can help you gain peace of mind that your vehicle is being cared for even when you’re not behind the wheel.