BrainBlocks’ vision for 2019 and beyond
2018 was an eventful year for BrainBlocks, but it will pale in comparison to 2019 and beyond. Here we reflect on the progress we made in 2018, share a glimpse into our vision for the future, and give a sneak peek into what we’ve been busy working on.
Want to be notified when we launch? Sign up here.
Here’s a short timeline of what we accomplished in 2018.
- BrainBlocks released its initial “Pay with NANO” payment module in January.
- Shortly after, our iOS SDK was made available, allowing developers to easily add BrainBlocks into their applications.
- WooCommerce and Shopify plugins were introduced, offering turnkey integration for accepting Nano payments.
- BrainBlocks merged with NanoWallet.io — the most widely used Nano wallet. With the integration of the BrainBlocks payment module into NanoWallet.io completed, you can now pay with Nano without opening a new tab and copy/pasting the address and amount.
- Our Point of Sale app for bricks-and-mortar and mobile merchants was released.
- BrainBlocks joined forces with NanoMate.co — a service that allows you to send Nano to anyone without a Nano address.
- We’ve grown from a weekend project to a team of 8 talented and enthusiastic people distributed across the world.
- 1500+ merchants have accepted payments through the payment module.
- NanoWallet.io handles tens of thousands of transactions each month, and at the peak of the crypto market secured over half a Billion USD worth of NANO for our users.
2019 and beyond
We’ve got a long journey ahead of us, but the first step is to release version one of our fully integrated wallet and payment processing module.
Upon release, we’ll be iterating at a rapid pace; adding features such as “send via a secret link” for paying people who aren’t already signed up, recurring payments, privacy protection, merchant tools, stability options, and more.
Our goals are not simply to be “the easiest way to accept NANO”, or “the fastest way to pay with cryptocurrency” — we are aiming much higher. We want to be the world’s de-facto payment processor and digital wallet, with instant settlement times and zero transaction fees.
Behind the scenes, we’ve been working on this platform for a few months already. Here’s a sneak peek into what’s coming your way very soon.
If you want to be part of the beta program, or be notified when the platform launches, please sign up here.