Key Qualitative Factors Employers Look For
· Work ethic
· Honesty and integrity — Sometimes referred to as “Doing the right thing when no one is looking”
· Reliability, aka dependability. Showing up on time, fully completing assignments, etc.
· Perseverance — Tenacity in seeing a job through in the face of challenges
· Goal orientation
· Collaborative, team-oriented personality
· “Likability” — This one is highly subjective, but we have all met people that just seemed easy to like. Often they are extroverted and affable and just put us at ease. Or they exude a quiet confidence while remaining humble that’s attractive in nature.
· Soft skills, aka Emotional Intelligence measured by behavioral assessments which can be very helpful for a leader evaluating “fit” and “chemistry” when adding people to a team.
Be sure to include all of the attributes you can bring to a position and to an organization that will make you a top choice and have examples for each ready to share in a succinct, memorable manner. People remember stories. This is no time to be bashful about your best product — you!
Frank Manfre www.frankmanfre.com