Recording & Broadcasting our Meetings?
I’ve heard multiple requests from parents and teachers this last few weeks that they’d appreciate a recording of the district’s school board meetings.
I love this ideas. And this will be be discussed at the next board meeting (November 14th at 6pm).
I’ve been asked to come up with a list of pros and cons for recording and streaming our meetings, so I thought I’d do that here.
Reasons to Record and Broadcast
- Transparency and increased integrity
- Increased accessibility
- Increased patron awareness and engagement
- All of the admin staff support it
- Patrons have asked for it
Concerns for Recording
- Will people be more censored during the meeting, knowing that every word is preserved?
- Increased dependency on technology
- Possibly reducing attendance? (is this possible?)
What do you think?
Is this something you support? Is this concerning to you? Will recordings change how we conduct board meetings? Please leave a comment here and/or come to the next board meeting, did I mention it was November 14th at 6pm?