We’ve made some changes to our website and emails. The most important thing is that they are much, much better! We want to make your online experience the best it can possibly be.
The way you log into your account, purchase tickets, join or renew your membership, store a payment method, and access your digital movie tickets will remain exactly the same.
Things might look a little prettier, but there is no change in how you use our site.
Here are some things you’ll notice now.
Access your account
- A “SIGN IN” link is available at the top of each page so that you can easily access your account at any time. On your desktop computer, the link is in the top left corner. On your mobile device, expand the navigation bar in the top right corner, next to the magnifying glass icon.
- Forgot your password? Use the “Forgot your password?” link directly above the email field on the sign-in page. We’ll send you the tools to create a new password.
- Don’t have an account? Let’s fix that! Register on BrynMawrFilm.org to keep all of your tickets and membership benefits in one place. You can even store a payment method for quick, easy, and secure checkout.
- Our new website is designed for all devices, and is easier to read on your phone, your tablet, and your desktop.
- Showtimes are larger and more prominent. You’ll see them in boxes below the show’s date. Screening times that have already taken place earlier in the day will be visible, but you won’t be able to purchase tickets. Select your preferred showtime to buy tickets.
- On the “Films” page, you’ll see a variety of keywords below the calendar. Select keywords like “Documentary”, “Closed Captioned”, or “35mm” to see all the applicable programs currently scheduled at BMFI.
- A new expanded search bar allows you to search the whole site, not just film listings. Select the magnifying glass icon on the top navigation bar to expand the search field.
New and Improved Emails
- Since we are moving to a new email provider, we may need to reintroduce ourselves to your mailbox.
- If you have been receiving BMFI’s weekly email updates and are having trouble finding them, please check your Spam, Clutter, Junk, Promotions, or other folders to make sure we haven’t gotten lost in there.
- Add Bryn Mawr Film Institute to your address book so we land in your primary inbox. Details on how to do this are at the end of this article.
On all devices
- Our emails have been redesigned to fit any screen — on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
- Pictures, links, and text are all larger for easy reading on the go.
Select your favorites
- You will be able to select what types of BMFI programs interest you the most to get curated emails based on your tastes.
- Update your preferences as often as you like
- Even if you like all of our programs (and we hope you do) we promise not to flood your inbox.
Members get even more with emails! Here’s what we offer first via email:
- Member-exclusive invitations
- Flash member perks
- Exclusive offers and benefits
Members can unsubscribe to BMFI emails at any time, but if you do, you will not be receiving 100% of your membership benefits.
Not getting our emails? Let’s fix that!
- Make sure we haven’t gotten lost in a Spam, Junk, Clutter, or Promotions folder. Full details on how to prevent filtered emails moving forward are below.
- Check your preferences to make sure you’re signed up to receive the emails you want.
- Did you accidentally unsubscribe? You can fix that here.
- Would you rather receive BMFI emails at a different address? Enter it here to let us know.
Keep us out of Junk by adding us to your safe sender list! Find your email provider below for instructions.
Apple Mail (desktop)
- Teach Apple Mail’s filter to allow future messages. Open your junk folder and find the BMFI email. Move the BMFI email message into your inbox.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your address book. Open BMFI’s email message, right-click the email address, and choose Add to Contacts.
For additional information about Apple Mail, visit the Apple Mail Support Page.
Mail (Apple iOs mobile devices)
- Teach Mail’s filter to allow future messages. Open your junk folder and find the BMFI email. Move the BMFI email message into your inbox.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your address book. Open BMFI’s email, and tap BMFI’s email address. Then tap Create New Contact to input the address in your contacts list.
For additional information about the Mail app, visit the Apple Support Page.
- Mark a BMFI email as Not Spam. Open your spam folder and click BMFI’s email. Click the OK, Not Spam button.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your address book. Click Contacts in the navigation panel, and click the New Contact icon. Input BMFI’s email address and click the Add Contact button.
For additional information about AOL Webmail, visit the AOL Support Page.
Gmail (desktop and mobile)
- Mark a BMFI email as Not Spam. Open your spam folder and click or tap BMFI’s email. Click Not Spam.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your address book. Open your contact list, click or tap New Contact, and input BMFI’s email address.
For additional information about Gmail, visit the Gmail Support Page.
- Mark a BMFI email as Not Junk. Open your junk folder and click on BMFI’s email. Click Not Junk.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your address book. Open the BMFI email, right-click the sender name, and click Add to Contacts. Authentication information may display in Outlook’s sender name area. You don’t need to add a name, just the BMFI email address.
For additional information about Outlook, visit the Office Support Page.
- Mark a BMFI email as Not Junk. Open your junk folder and right-click BMFI’s email. Click Not Junk.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email to your Safe Recipient list. Click the gear icon, and choose Options. Click the Safe and Blocked Senders link, click Safe Senders, and input the BMFI’s email address.
For additional information about Outlook.com, visit the Outlook.com Support Page.
- Mark a BMFI email as Not Spam. Open your spam folder, click the BMFI email message, and click Not Spam.
- Add BMFI’s “From” email address to your address book. Open the BMFI email and click the Add to contacts button next to the From email address .
For additional information about Yahoo Mail, visit the Yahoo Support Page.
Don’t forget, you can bookmark our website on your phone!